Ordering at the bar can be a nerve-wracking experience, which leads many to stick with their simple orders like a vodka cran or a beer. Although there's nothing wrong with sticking to these bar staples, it’s good to venture out sometimes to see what other drinks you might like. Tequila is a classic and is included in many beloved cocktails, like margaritas. Its vibrant taste shines through every sip, making it the perfect liquor for more cocktails than just margaritas. Here is a list of tequila cocktails you can order just in time for summer. Whether you are a tequila connoisseur or a curious newcomer, we’ve got you covered with tequila drinks to order at the bar. 

Tequila Soda

If you are looking for a drink that isn’t too sweet when you are at the bar, this is the perfect solution. Simply made, a tequila soda can be sweetened if you prefer Sprite or Ginger Ale mixed into your beverage. Topped off with a lime, this is the perfect simple bar order for tequila lovers. You can also spice this up with fruit flavors like strawberry or watermelon. 

Tequila Sour

Sometimes you don’t want to taste the alcohol in your drink and for times like these, a tequila sour may be the perfect solution. Like a margarita, this classic cocktail consists of tequila, citrus juice, and a traditional simple syrup or sweetener.

Paloma

This tequila-based cocktail is a perfect alternative for margarita lovers. A Paloma includes tequila, lime juice, and grapefruit-flavored soda served on the rocks with a lime slice. 

Ranch Water

One of the simplest tequila orders you can make is ranch water, which includes tequila, sparkling water, lime juice, and a pinch of salt. The perfect blend of sweetness and sourness makes this a great drink to try next time you are at the bar. 

Tequila Spritz

If you are a fancy cocktail lover, the tequila spritz may be the next best thing you are looking for. These drinks can vary, but imagine a sweet and bitter Aperol spritz paired with your favorite tequila!

Mexican Mule

This cocktail trades out vodka in a regular Moscow mule for tequila, creating a spicy and sour blend of deliciousness. This simple drink includes tequila, lime juice, and ginger beer, all mixed in a copper mug like a classic mule.

Tequila Sunrise

This drink may be the perfect one for you if you are craving something sweet. The Tequila Sunrise is made of tequila, orange juice, and grenadine. Simply blending all these sweet flavors creates a great cocktail for a hot summer day.