Even if it doesn't really feel like it here in D.C., it's finally autumn! It's almost time to dress up in fun costumes and go trick-or-treating, no matter how old you are. To get into the fall spirit, I went to the Whole Foods in Tenleytown and checked out all the Halloween desserts I could find. There are so many goodies and fun festive recipes you can make with items from Whole Foods. Here's the best of what I saw: 

Baked Goods

Pumpkin Bundt Cakes

These beautiful cakes with an orange vanilla glaze are perfect for a Halloween brunch with your besties!

Ciara Wells
Ciara Wells

I personally think this is a rather boring cake, so you could dress it up by drizzling white frosting across the top and sides to look like spider webs or crushing and sprinkling Halloween Oreos over it to look more "grungy" and dirty. You could also put candy corn and pumpkins in the center, so when you cut into it, you get a candy surprise!

Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 

Ciara Wells

These pumpkin pie cupcakes with cream cheese frosting would be perfect at any Halloween party, football tailgate, or 2 AM snack. 

Fall-Inspired Pantry Goodies

Then, there are these gorgeous displays with fall-inspired granolas, pancake and cookie mixes, and teas and cocoas.

Ciara Wells

I can already picture a scrumptious pumpkin spice apple crisp with french vanilla ice cream! You can also use the applesauce in the filling of a delicious apple pie or caramelize it around an apple to make candy apples.

Pumpkin Spice Pancakes and Cookies

Ciara Wells

You can also use the pumpkin puree in the filling of a delicious pumpkin pie. I actually bought the pumpkin spice pancake mix to make in my dorm's kitchen with my friends. They pair perfectly with a rich Vermont-based maple syrup. I also highly recommend the pumpkin spice cheesecake cookies! When paired with the limited edition Ben and Jerry's Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream, they're sooooo good (and ~super~ addictive). 

Califia Farms Non-Dairy Milk

Ciara Wells

The second I heard that Califia Farms was making a limited edition Pumpkin Spice Latte cold brew, I basically ran straight to Whole Foods. It's delicious and vegan! I personally like my lattes a bit sweeter, so I mix in some of my vanilla almond milk and a single sugar packet. I can imagine the pumpkin spice whipped cream on a cup of coffee, cocoa, or hot pumpkin latte.

This Halloween season (which to me is all of October) you can find all your favorite goodies at your local Whole Foods. You can also find candies for trick-or-treaters that are healthy, allergy-safe, and kid-friendly that have no hydrogenated fats, artificial colors, flavors, preservatives or sweeteners.

I hope you have a great Halloween holiday and autumn season!