These days, autumn’s arrival isn’t marked by the sight of the changing color of leaves, but by the appearance of pumpkin spice season. Social media explodes with the newest ways to enjoy your next PSL, and almost every product in stores comes out with pumpkin spice flavor or scent, but what about those of us who don’t love (or maybe even hate) pumpkin spice? This fall beverage guide will give you the inspiration you need to make your next fall flavor favorite at home or on the go, perfect for your next trip to the pumpkin patch

Starbucks Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso with Chai

As your regular Starbucks barista, this drink was going to be my first suggestion for your next go-to fall beverage, but I was delighted to see that it has already caught on on TikTok. This drink is a Starbucks secret menu dream as it only requires two modifiers to remember when you go to order. The harmonious autumnal flavors of brown sugar, cinnamon, and chai, paired with the oat milk will warm you up, even though the drink is iced. The topper of vanilla sweet cream cold foam finishes off this easy fall Starbucks grab and is the perfect fall morning treat.

Kendall Healthy Hot Drink

This next recipe is full of fresh fall ingredients like ginger, orange, and apple. This viral recipe, originally from Kendall Jenner, is a great alternative to some of the more syrupy fall beverages. With classic fall spices like cinnamon, ginger, and turmeric, and a base of fresh squeezed orange juice and hot water, this vibrant and citrusy beverage is perfect for fall. After combining the orange juice and hot water, add honey, apple slices, fresh ginger, and mint. Ginger and orange are perfect for days when you're feeling under the weather as well, so this drink is a much better version of the medicine ball drinks you might find on TikTok. 

Chai Hot Chocolate

Another great option for fall is this chai hot chocolate from Rebecca Leigh on TikTok that combines the sweet richness of hot chocolate and herbal notes of chai. There’s nothing cozier than steeping your chai on the stovetop on a cold fall morning, and this recipe uses oat milk that creates a creamy texture. After your chai has had time to steep, add in your cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and maple syrup to finish off this balanced, but sweet fall beverage. Other hot chocolates can be too decadent or sugary, but this beverage balances fall flavors beautifully without being too sweet.

Panera Bread Cinnamon Crunch Iced Latte

Panera Bread has taken their fan-favorite Cinnamon Crunch Bagel and turned it into a latte. Cinnamon is a classic fall flavor, and this latte is the perfect pairing for a cool autumn day to accompany your breakfast. Paired with espresso, this beverage is cozy but sweet and a great pumpkin alternative that still gives you that autumn spice you’re looking for. I prefer to substitute my coffee with non-dairy milk, so I’d personally pair this drink with almond milk for an even creamier coffee experience.

Mulled Apple Cider

This vegan recipe for mulled apple cider from Crowded Kitchen is colorful, vibrant, and sweet. This recipe is great for big or small batches, so you can enjoy it yourself or show off your cider skills at your next fall get-together. Start with a base of apple cider, then add orange slices, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, and fresh ginger. Move it to the stovetop and bring it to a simmer, allowing all those seasonal spices to steep. Once you add it to your favorite mug, garnish with an orange slice, cinnamon stick, and an added pop of pomegranate seeds to finish it off. This recipe elevates cider with a fresh, new look and is sure to please with herbal notes of cinnamon and the sweetness of the apple and orange.

Iced Dirty Chai with Caramel Apple Butter Cold Foam

I prefer my chai with coffee, also known as a “dirty chai.” This recipe from Kayla Beachy is perfect for fall, has all the fall spice flavors, and is better than any pumpkin cream cold brew. This creamy and sweet beverage is made with Tazo Chai concentrate, oat milk, and coffee, then topped with a homemade apple butter cold foam, and brown sugar. It is perfect for a cozy fall outing, whether you drink it hot or iced. The chai concentrate gives the drink a warm and spicy flavor, while the oat milk adds creaminess and richness. The coffee adds a depth of flavor, and the apple butter cold foam and brown sugar topping add sweetness and a touch of fall flavor.

Cookie Butter Latte

The last suggestion I have for you this fall is simple but delicious and would make a perfect beverage for you this autumn. This cookie butter latte recipe from @itsemmaruddock on TikTok uses only 3 ingredients — your choice of milk, a big spoonful of cookie butter, and coffee. There will be no remorse the next time you decide to pass on pumpkin spice for this drink instead. Cookie butter has become a popular ingredient the last few years, but this is a great ingredient for fall as the cinnamon, gingersnap, and butter cookie flavors pair beautifully with the coffee and gives you milk and cookie vibes with your coffee. The comforting flavors of this drink are perfect for fall and will keep you cozy and warm all season.