The saying "you eat with your eyes" definitely holds some truth, at least when it comes to me. While grocery shopping, I'll always pick the reddest strawberry, the rounder tomato or the less-bruised banana. This habit carries over to packaged goods as well, especially sweets. I'm a sucker for anything I can take a cool Instagram shot of — yes, I'm one of those people. Here are eight pretty chocolate bars that look as good on the outside as they taste on the inside. 

Labooko

Started in Austria over a decade ago, these chocolates can now be found everywhere from Brazil to China to Florida. Combine their award-winning chocolate with their "art hoe" aesthetic and you've got a recipe for success.

Chocolat Bonnat

These rustic French chocolates were a favorite of First Lady Jackie Kennedy, which means they have to be pretty dang good. With a large focus on the chocolate itself, Chocolat Bonnat sells bars made out of cacao beans from all over the world — from Venezuela to Madagascar to Haiti.

Compartes

With amazing packaging and equally amazing chocolate, it's no surprise that these pretty things are so popular nowadays (even Gigi Hadid loves 'em). A perfect gift for an adventurous eater, Compartes has dozens of wacky chocolate flavors like avocado, tequila-lime, and even potato chip

#SpoonTip: If you're a health-nut looking for some guilt-free pleasure, why not try their dark chocolate kale bar? It somehow manages to make even kale taste good.

Un Elefante

Un Elefante proves that it's what's on the inside that matters. With chocolate that's covered in edible flowers or splattered in a Pollock-esque manner, you’ll feel like you’re eating a work of art. Unfortunately, these Mexican chocolates are pretty hard to find, so if you're ever in Cancun for spring break you should definitely try and snag a few. It'll be worth it. 

Mast Brothers 

Even though the chocolate looks fairly standard, you'd have to be lying if you said tearing the pretty packaging didn't break your heart a bit. With flavors like olive oil or goat's milk, Mast Brothers is making luxurious chocolates for those of us who want to feel fancy while we're snacking.

Coco Chocolate

This Australian company (which was recently visited by Adele) makes adorable chocolates in some fairly crazy flavors. They've got plum pudding, black pepper with rose oil, haggis smoke, and even a Christmas-themed chocolate bar loaded with gold, frankincense and myrrh. Talk about getting creative.

Vosges

Forget about "hot chocolate," this is "haute-chocolat." With an arsenal of exotic chocolate flavors Vosges is for anyone looking to try something new. The bars range from hip-n-trendy blends like matcha and spirulina to the tried-n-true combination of turmeric and ginger

Marou

One of few companies that makes artisanal chocolate out of Asian-grown cacao trees. None of Marou's chocolate bars have less than a 60% cacao content, making these bars the perfect thing for anyone who takes their dark chocolate seriously.

#SpoonTip: The higher the cacao content the "purer" your chocolate bar is. In other words: less added milk or sugar!