While it's only been a couple of years since I've been to Disney World, I've never been during any of the major US holidays. Nonetheless, going to the resort for each one is definitely on my bucket list, especially for Halloween, New Year's Eve, and July 4th.

Although I'm not sure when these trips will happen (hopefully soon!), I can't imagine a visit on July 4th not including a ride on the Carousel of Progress or without a spectacular firework show by the castle. But more so, I can't imagine not eating all the red, white, and blue foods in between the rides.  

Surely, the sweet shops will carry red, white, and blue foods in spades (one Mickey Rice Krispies treat dipped in chocolate and patriotic sprinkles, please), but they aren't the only places in the parks that will carry patriotic treats. Here are some of Disney World's best red, white, and blue food offerings. I promise, they're just as delicious as The Grey Stuff.

1. The American Dream at Fife and Drum Tavern

You know you live for that sweet, frozen rush. No doubt, the American Dream slushie with strawberry slush, blue raspberry slush, and vanilla soft-serve ice cream will give you brain freeze in the best way. Take the monorail over to Epcot to get one at the American Adventures Pavilion.

2. Presidential Sweet at Sleepy Hollow 

More slush? No problem. Magic Kingdom has got you covered with another slush-based dessert: The Presidential Sweet. This slushie also combines strawberry and blue raspberry flavors with vanilla soft-serve, but this time, the ice cream is on top. 

3. Haight Ashberry Sundae at Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop

Q: What's better than red, white, and blue food?

A: Red, white, blue, and chocolate food.

Head to Downtown Disney for this sundae with strawberry cheesecake, vanilla ice cream, sliced strawberries, blueberry topping, whipped cream, and last but not least, chocolate-covered blueberries

4. Red (Velvet) White and Blue Cupcake at BoardWalk Bakery

Red velvet cupcakes are for sure an American favorite, so it's no surprise that Disney adds a little more patriotic flair to the baked good on July 4th. Try its cream cheese-filled cupcakes topped with white chocolate flakes and red and blue fondant stars near the BoardWalk Inn.

5. Strawberry and Blueberry Shortcake Sundae at Storybook Treats

If you love strawberry shortcake, then you're bound to love strawberry and blueberry shortcake. At Magic Kingdom, you can get the two fruits packed into a sundae with soft-serve and shortcake. 

6. Baked Alaska at Sunshine Seasons

The fireworks aren't the only things getting lit up at Disney on July 4th. If you go to the Land Pavilion at Epcot, you can find this torched-meringue dessert filled with raspberry, white chocolate, and blueberry mousse. 

7. Vanilla Ice Cream Macaron Sandwich at L'Artisan des Glaces

True, France and the US have their flag colors in common, but that doesn't mean you can't eat this red, white, and blue macaron ice cream sandwich at Epcot's French Pavilion on July 4th. Bon appétit!