Becoming vegan is no small feat, not just in terms of curbing cravings for non-vegan food, but also in making sure you’re getting enough nutrients from your new diet.

The ‘Health’ section of TIME does a great job of laying out the important things to bear in mind if you are becoming vegan, but if you don’t have time to read it here’s a handy summary:

With these facts out of the way, let’s move onto the tasty bit: the recipes. Because while it may look tricky taking into account all of these different requirements, there are lots of recipes out there which will make the process of becoming vegan way easier.

So, whether you want to become vegan, are curious to try it out, or just want to add a few vegan recipes into your life here and there, here are some ideas that tick all the right (vegan) boxes.

1. Creamsicle Chia Seed Pudding

vegan

Photo by Katherine Baker

Why it’s great: Brilliant protein source, as well as a provider of fibre and omega-3.

Another plus: Prep time is only 5 minutes.

2. Vegetable Stir-Fry with Tofu and Sesame Ginger Sauce

vegan

Photo by Katherine Baker

Why it’s great: Uses a natural soy base (tofu).

Another plus: Plenty of tips on shortcuts to take to speed up the cooking time.

3. Vegan Maple Glazed Stuffed Squash

vegan

Photo by Kendra Valkema

Why it’s great: The kale is a handy calcium source.

Another plus: The squash is pretty cheap to get ahold of.

4. 10-Minute Vegan Avocado Mango Smoothie

vegan

Photo by Haley Durham

Why it’s great: The lemon juice provides Vitamin C which helps with iron absorption.

Another plus: Makes for a great take-to-go breakfast.

5. Black Bean Butternut Squash Tacos

vegan

Photo by Katherine Baker

Why it’s great: The butternut squash and black beans are the perfect source for protein and fibre.

Another plus: Should you require it, they’re also gluten-free.

6. “Cheesy” Veggie Buddha Bowl

vegan

Photo by Nicole Solomon

Why it’s great: The nutritional yeast not only tastes like cheese, it is a brilliant source of B12.

Another plus: The nutritional yeast is also high in protein and fibre.

7. Sweet Potato, Kale and Roasted Chickpea Bowl

vegan

Photo by Megan Prendergast

Why it’s great: The broccoli is both a source of iron and a great source of Vitamin C.

Another plus: Thanks to the chickpeas and sweet potato, this will keep you full for a while.