With exams and coursework drawing to a close, tis the season to celebrate with parties. And whether you’re the host or just helping out, part of party preparations is the food.

This may seem like a huge hassle, but taking care of party food can be both easy and fun. Here’s a list of recipes for some serious party food inspiration that are quick and don’t require too many ingredients, but are still sure to be a blast with the guests – set off your summer holidays in good taste.

1. Pillsbury Everything

finger foods

Photo by Katherine Baker

One great way to cut down on prep time is by taking a few shortcuts. One of the best shortcuts? Pillsbury crescent rolls.

Seriously, they are easy to use, and so adaptable. This list of recipes use the rolls to create delicious, sweet treats that are the perfect party food – another easy option are these chocolate caramel croissants, which only require 3 ingredients.

Alternatively, if you prefer something savoury, you can try these 3-ingredient pizza rolls. They’re also brilliant finger foods, and honestly, who doesn’t love pizza?

2. Something Boozy

finger foods

Photo by Bonnie Ziyue Wang

If you want to contribute something alcoholic to the party, but also want to bring a snack, why not combine the two in a creative party food? These wine-infused grapes require a little preparation beforehand, as they have to stay in the fridge for a while, but the actual preparation time only takes 5 minutes.

3. Homemade Doritos

finger foods

Photo by Jenny Georgieva

One-up that person who bought a bag of Doritos by making your own. These only take 15 minutes in total to make, and are sure to be a welcome snack at any party.

4. Homemade Healthy Chips

finger foods

Photo by Kirby Barth

Alternatively, you can one-up that person who made their own Doritos by bringing homemade healthy chips. These chips are made with zucchinis, but you can just as easily make chips out of carrots, parsnips, or other root vegetables.

5. Dips

finger foods

Photo by Aarthi Chezian

If you’re going to have chips (because let’s face it, even if you don’t bring chips to the party, someone will), you may as well have some dips to go alongside them. Again, you can one-up that person who brought store-bought dips, and make some of your own.

If you have a blender, this cannellini bean dip is almost criminally easy to make.

So is this guacamole-hummus hybrid, which combines the best of both dip worlds. If you don’t have a blender don’t worry, you can still make a chunkier version of this dip by using a potato masher, or even just a fork – just remember to cook the chickpeas a little to soften them beforehand if you do.

Or throw it back with this homemade Dunkaroos dip.

6. Thirst Quencher

finger foods

Photo by Angela Pizzimenti

With summer on our doorsteps, having a light, refreshing drink at the party isn’t the worst idea. One drink that requires few ingredients and prep time, but that’s guaranteed to please, is this brilliant homemade lemonade.

7. Something Sweet

finger foods

Photo by Gabby Phi

Last but not least, as a nice balance to the chips and dips, why not make a sweet party food? These coconut macaroons only require two ingredients, look adorable, and are easy to munch while standing up, which makes them perfect for a party.