We all experience the occasional unhealthy craving from time to time. It can be strugg city. Some people think that there are only two options in this scenario: to endure it and be miserable, or cave. They're wrong, though. Here's a few more creative ways to dodge a craving, without caving. 

1. Just eat something else

Fruit, red berry, red fruit, sweet, berry, strawberry
Amelia Hitchens

Just do it. Power through. It's not the easiest method, but eating something that tastes the exact opposite of your craving might hinder your hankering for an unhealthy snack—the aftertaste of strawberries may impede your jonesin' for french fries.

2. Meal prep

salt, cheese, salad
Karen Nolan

This method is a preventative measure. Meal prepping a shit ton of meals ahead of time has so many benefits. Do it with some homies so that it's super fun.

Step 1: Prepare a box of pasta, or a week's worth of food. Try to use an eclectic selection of healthy food to keep your tastebuds on their toes. Make a week's worth of food on Sunday night that 

Step 2: Plan a specific time to eat each meal so that you'll be thinking about it up until you actually eat it. If you have a specific dish on your mind, you won't have another fatty, calorie-packed occupying your thoughts.

3. Drink lemon flavored water in the morning

citrus, water, juice, lemonade, lemon

Lemon water does a plethora of dope things for your body such as aiding digestion and boosting your immune system. But you already knew that. What you probably didn't know is that it also makes you feel full. If you're already full, the odds of you having a craving will be slim in the first place. This method is another preventative measure.

4. Make a healthier version of your craving

carbohydrate, tuber, potato, pasture, vegetable

Say you're craving potato chips. You might just be craving the general flavor of that snack. So instead of consuming about 1,200 calories in a bag of potato chips (according to Google), have a baked potato for only 161 calories. You can chop them up into thin slices so that they are in potato chip form. If you're craving a chocolate bar, make these truffles.

5. The one-bite method

This tactic is for when all else fails. It should be your last resort. Say you're craving potato chips, again. Chances are, you're not craving that entire family-sized bag of Lay's BBQ potato chips; you could just be craving a little taste of it or the texture.

Step 1: Have a small handful of potato chips.

Step 2: The second that small handful of potato chips enters your tummy, eat a large quantity of a healthy snack. Namely, celery sticks, a frozen banana, chia seed pudding, etc.

So take your pick and see which one works best for you! My personal favorite is a close tie between making a healthier version and the one-bite method. Yes, those are both easier ways out, but that's ok, do whatever it takes to get the job done.