Roses are red, violets are blue, Valentine's Day I kind of dislike you. February 14th is known for red roses, chocolates, and star-crossed lovers, yet for single ladies, it's the one day of the year that we kinda wish would just go away. Luckily, it has a lesser known (but much cuter) cousin named Galentine's Day.

What in the world is Galentine's Day? I'm glad you asked. Introduced by Parks and Recreation's strong female lead, Leslie Knope, Galentine's Day (celebrated February 13th) is a day of friends, fun, and judgement-free shenanigans, aka the best way to get over your V-Day blues.

So grab your best gal-pals, a bottle (or two) of your favorite booze, and hit up some of these Davis, CA hot spots this Feb 13th.

1. Yoga & Wine Tasting

For those of you in need of a soul cleanser, body bend towards Kaya Yoga. Whether you want to work hard or get a deep stretch, Kaya has 9 different classes to choose from, so you're sure to find one that works for your group. (See their schedule here).

After finding your heart centers, rejuvenate yourselves even more by sampling wine at Putah Creek Winery's tasting room. For a mere $15 you can sample four of their delicious wines, or you can buy a bottle and get the tasting for free. Not too shabby. 

Location (Kaya Yoga): 612 4th St, Davis, CA 95616.

Location (Putah Creek Winery): 110 F St Ste D, Davis CA 95616

2. Picnic at the Arboretum 

.:.

barbasia. on Flickr

If you're more of the do-it-yourself type, put together a picnic to enjoy in the gorgeous UC Davis Arboretum. Pull out that old wicker basket, and stock it up with goodies from Trader Joe's or Whole Foods; throw in a couple thermoses of warm drinks/alcoholic beverages (did somebody say mimosas?) and you're ready to rock. Also remember to pack a blanket or two—a comfortable tush makes all the difference. 

With the 100 acres of land the Arboretum has to offer, it's hard to go wrong finding a spot; however, if you simply cannot decide, I'd recommend Lake Spafford (near Mrak Hall). It's easily accessible, never busy, and one of my favorite places on campus.

3. Lake Berryessa Hike

Hate Valentine's Day so much that you can't sit still? Head to the hills and get your sweat on with a butt-busting hike to overlook Lake Berryessa. Not only is this a guaranteed stress reliever, but it's a great way to embrace your independence. So go ahead, strap on those hiking boots and spend some quality time with your besties. 

Since there are dozens of hikes overlooking Lake Berryessa, I recommend either the Blue Ridge Trail, or Annie's Trail in Stebbins Cold Canyon Reserve. 

Get directions here.

4. G Street Nails & Spa

A wise man once said, "Once you do Shellac, you'll never go back". Ok, maybe I just made that up, but whether you're looking for some serious R&R or maybe just feel like your lady talons could use a little sprucing up, look no further than G Street Nails & Spa. Once you get there, just sit back, relax, and let the skilled nail artists transform your digits from bland to DAYUM (think Matthew Lewis, they're that good). You'll never feel more pampered again. Manicures start from $15, and pedicures from $25. To see other options and working hours, visit their website here

Location: 514 2nd St. Ste A, Davis, CA 95616

5. Trivia Night at de Vere's & G Street WunderBar

Our answers sheet.

ironypoisoning on Flickr

For a more funducational evening out, hit up some of these bars downtown for happy hour specials, then go test your random knowledge with trivia at de Vere's (at 7pm) and G Street WunderBar (at 9 pm). If you're on your game at de Vere's and place in the top four, you can walk away with a gift card or some swag (get more info here). If that skill carries over to WunderBar, you could walk away with yet another gift card or a free pitcher of PBR. And who said Mondays couldn't be fun-days?

Location (de Vere's): 217 E St, Davis, CA 95616

Location (G Street WunderBar): 228 G St, Davis, CA 95616

Whichever option(s) you choose, starting a Galentine's Day tradition is great way to have a fun and bring your crew closer together. So celebrate your singleness proudly—you go Glen Coco.