We all have friends and family we want to give gifts to this holiday season but sometime that list gets pretty long. And as the list gets longer, our bank account shrinks. Giving gifts in mason jars is an affordable and personalized way to show you're thinking of your friends and family throughout the holiday season, without breaking the bank. Most of these gifts can be made in bulk and you can buy mason jars in large quantities for cheap that way you can give to everyone on your list this holiday season.

1. Cookie Mix

M&M Cookie Mix in a Jar

on Pinterest

This is a great festive gift that can be easily customized. You can make all sorts of different cookie mixes, like sugar or chocolate chip, and add whatever candies you think the gift-receiver will like. All the dry ingredients are included, all that needs to be added is the wet ingredients. To get you started, here's 25 different options to choose from.

2. Oyster Cracker Crack

cookie, vegetable, chocolate, sweet
Rebecca Moses

These are my Aunty Carla's famous crackers. We all get a jar of them on Christmas Eve. They're usually gone before we leave the house or savored and hidden from one another. The crackers are mixed with lemon pepper, garlic salt, dill weed, and Ranch Style salad dressing mix. These crackers are super easy to make and definitely a crowd pleaser.

3. Hot Chocolate Mix 

DIY – Hot Cocoa Mason Jars and Homemade Cookies

on Pinterest

DIY hot chocolate mix is probably one of the easiest gifts you'll give this holiday season. The options are endless here. You can add different festive candies or put a twist on your hot chocolate mix by making red velvet or white chocolate. Make your DIY hot chocolate mix in a mason jar with a handle so you're giving a mug as well. For our 21+ friends, add a side of Baileys so they can make spiked hot chocolate.

4. Candied Pecans

peanut, chocolate
Rebecca Moses

Candied nuts are a great gift for the holidays. They're festive and easy to make. You can get creative by adding different spices to your nuts before baking. My personal favorite is cinnamon maple flavored candied pecans. But anyway you make them, your loved ones will be begging you for more. 

5. Dog Treats

'Give A Dog A Bone' Dog Biscuits

on Pinterest

Let's not forget about our furry friends this holiday season. Whip up a batch of homemade dog treats and toss them into a jar. You could always stop at your local pet store and pick out some gourmet dog bones if you're short on time. 

You can get very creative with decorating your mason jars before gifting. The options are endless. Adding some holiday ribbon or twine with a gift tag will bring your mason jar to the next level.