We all know the holidays are a time for friends, family and obviously lots of food, but they can also be chaotic and stressful. Between buying all those last minute gifts, preparing for and entertaining your guests, no one has time for long, complicated recipes with tons of ingredients.
With less than 10 minutes of hands-on time and ingredients you probably have in your kitchen already, this simple recipe for perfectly sugared and spiced nuts can easily be squeezed into your busy day of holiday prep! In no time you’ll have the perfect holiday snack to put out at your holiday party or wrap up give as a gift for family and friends.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
8 cups nuts (can be whatever type you like)
1 egg white
2 1/2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 275°F.
2. Combine all the ingredients (except the nuts) in a large bowl until well mixed.
3. Add the nuts and mix until they’re all evenly coated.
4. Line a cookie sheet with tin foil and spread the nuts out evenly.
5. Bake for 50 minutes.
6. When they come out of the oven, spread the nuts out onto waxed paper, giving them enough space so they don’t all stick together. Let them cool for a while and then they’re ready to eat!
Growing up, my mom only made sugar and spice pecans, which personally, I find the best. I think because the pecan is a slightly softer nut, it soaks up more of the sugar and spice flavor, but go for whatever kind of nut you want. I tried mixed nuts for the first time this year and they came out great.
Need a holiday gift for that last impossible-to-buy-for person on your list? Pack the nuts in holiday wrapping with a little bow and voila! Everyone likes food.
Feeling even more nutty? Check these out: