November is one of my favorite months of the year. It's the perfect transition from fall to winter, because pumpkin spice season is ending but hot chocolate is just beginning. This year, some of the biggest names in New York City's food industry are creating new food mash ups and collaborations.

Even though only a few are pumpkin-flavored, all of them are still incredible. I took it upon myself to try NYC's best November-exclusive foods and review them for New York natives and visiting foodies. 

1. Pumpkin Gingersnap Banana Pudding from Magnolia Bakery

Hannah Freiberg

This twist on Magnolia Bakery's classic banana pudding tastes like pumpkin pie in pudding form. It's the perfect medley between the delicate flavors of pumpkin, gingersnap, and banana. The pumpkin aspect of the pudding channels autumn, while the gingersnap is the perfect reminder of winter. I couldn't resist devouring every bite of this sweet pudding

2. Baogel from Black Seed Bagels and Nom Wah Kuai

Hannah Freiberg

The Baogel is a delicious mashup of a bagel and bao bun. The outside is a crunchy sesame bagel and the inside is filled with warm, melt-in-your-mouth pork belly. I was unsure of what to expect before I tried this but I ended up being happily surprised. It tastes like a genuine bao, except with a crunchy outside instead. The sesame seeds also added a nice contrast to the sweet pork. If you're a fan of both Asian cuisine and carbs galore, the baogel is a must-have.

3. Pumpkin Pie Jar from JARS by Dani

The pumpkin pie jar from JARS by Dani is layered with gingersnap cookies, pumpkin cheesecake filling, and whipped cream. Let's not forget the best part, though, which is the brown sugar cinnamon streusel topping. This dessert should be your go-to for when you want the taste of pumpkin pie but not the pie itself.

4. Pie'ce Cream Sandwich at The Meatball Shop

This ice cream sandwich is a collaboration between The Meatball Shop and Four & Twenty Blackbirds Bakery. Its Four & Twenty Blackbirds' Salted Honey Mini Pies and The Meatball Shop's  ice cream. The pie itself is delicious with sweet caramelized sugar, and pairs perfectly with the ice cream. The sandwich can be served with either brown sugar or traditional vanilla ice cream. I have always adored The Meatball Shop's ice cream sandwiches but this one in particular was a special treat. 

5. Rosso & Daughters Pizza at Eataly NYC

This decadent pizza is a mashup brought to you by Russ and Daughters and Rossopompodoro NYC (try saying that ten times fast). The crisp pizza dough is topped with San Marzano tomatoes, onions, Mozzarella di Bufala Campana, cream cheese, arugula, and Western Nova smoked salmon. It may seem like an odd flavor combination, but trust me, all of the components work together in complete harmony. If you're ever craving pizza, make sure to stop by one of the multiple Eataly NYC locations for a taste.

That wraps up my list of foods that are only available in NYC during November. Hurry up and go get your coat and subway pass, because you have a lot of incredible restaurants to visit.