It's 2019 people let's get with the program!!! With the long and growing list of superfoods, you're bound to find something appetizing. Superfoods are so easy to implement into your diet, and will leave you feeling fuller and more energized, without compromising taste. So, next time you're heading into Whole Foods to do some grocery shopping or walk by a pop up farmers market this summer, stop and think about all the different healthy possibilities!

1. Black Bean Burger vs. Ground Beef

With summer right around the corner means lots of grilling out, especially with your family and friends! Instead of going for the traditional ground beef hamburger, make a black bean veggie burger—they're healthy, filling, can lead to lower cholesterol, and taste just as good. Plus, once you add traditional toppings like a slice of cheese, pickles, and ketchup, you'll barely be able to tell the difference!

2. Green Tea vs. Coffee

Although for some it might be difficult to part from your morning cup of coffee, switch up your routine and have an iced green tea instead! Drinking green tea leads to a boosted metabolism, increased brain function, and may even help you live longer! Plus, it still has caffeine so it's the perfect alternative to coffee to help kickstart your day. 

3. Wild Alaska Pollock vs. Tofu

Next time you're looking for a meat replacement, skip the tofu and try Wild Alaska Pollock! This superfish is packed with protein and omega 3's, and can help fight cholesterol, diabetes, and Alzheimers. A white fish with a mild flavor, Wild Alaska Pollock works with virtually every dish. Plus, with Trident Seafoods' sustainable harvesting methods, you'll be doing yourself and the planet a favor!

4. Baked Sweet Potatoes vs. White Potatoes

On a weekday morning sometimes all I want is a big bowl of home fries, but with the high carb count and sugar content, you're bound be left feeling lethargic and low energy for the rest of the day. Instead, throw a cubed sweet potato onto a sheet pan with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and pop them in the oven. Sweet potatoes offer more vitamins and antioxidants than the traditional white potato, plus, they can help reduce inflammation, which we could all probably use on a Sunday morning.

5. Avocado vs. Mayo

Avocados are the perfect way to add creaminess to any dish, which is generally mayo's job. Mayo has few health benefits and is super high in saturated fat, but avocados are heart healthy foods high in omega 3's that have tons of added benefits for the hair, skin, and nails. Mashed avocado can replace mayo in any dish like potato salad, dressing, egg salad or even on a sandwich!

Next time you're cooking a meal, switch things up with one of these superfoods—you'll be super happy you did!