Flu season is among us. There are a lot of foods that can help you stay healthy and avoid the flu, and a few that may help you heal faster, but sometimes you just need to find something you'll be able to stomach. Luckily, there are some foods you'll be able to keep down, and may even help you feel less queasy. Here are four foods to help you feel less nauseous during flu season.

1. Soup

vegetable, tomato, pepper, juice
Razan Kawar

Start off with a classic. Gentle on the stomach and a comforting when you're sick. The key ingredient here is the broth. It'll keep you hydrated (très important during cold/flu season) and the steam will clear nasal passages. 

2. Tea

coffee, tea, cereal, chocolate
Razan Kawar

Ok, not exactly food. However, green teas are ideal when you need to feel better, especially when adding in goodies like honey and lemon. Also, try peppermint and ginger teas for upset stomach or nausea.

3. Starch Foods 

sweet, cookie, wheat, cracker, pastry, bread, candy, cake, chocolate, milk
Razan Kawar

If you ever start to feel slightly under-the-weather, starch foods like crackers or toast will be easy on your stomach and help with digestion. These foods are part of a BRAT (banana, rice, applesauce, toast) diet that helps kick nausea when you've been sick. They may be bland, they're the perfect "reset" foods for your stomach

4. Ginger Root 

vegetable, nut, pasture
Razan Kawar

Ginger is that hidden flu-fighting food that not many people would think of. I absolutely love ginger in hot water because it works miracles for a queasy stomach. Add a little lemon for extra flavour. 

Including these foods may make your stomach feel a bit better during the flu season (along with watching Netflix in bed) and you'll be back on your feet in no time! Now go forth and fight the flu.