Since opening its doors in 1983, Panda Express quickly established itself as one of the most popular Chinese restaurant chains in America. Panda Express offers such a large selection of mouthwatering meals that it can sometimes be difficult to decide what to order. My roommates and I visit Panda Express way more often than we probably should. (There's one literally two minutes from our apartment, so cut us some slack). I've tried almost everything on the menu, which is why I'm breaking down the 11 best Panda Express menu items. Step out of your comfort zone and order something different than your usual orange chicken

#SpoonTip: If you save your receipt at Panda, there is a survey at the bottom that you can fill out to get a free entree item with the purchase of a Plate.

11. Broccoli Beef

Photo via Panda Express

Beef and broccoli is a classic Chinese dish, and Panda's version doesn't disappoint. They cook their beef until it's tender and juicy, cover it in a savory ginger soy sauce and then add it with fresh broccoli.

10. String Bean Chicken Breast

Photo via Panda Express

Story time: One time at Panda, I was craving honey walnut shrimp, but they (sadly) were all out. I was hangry and didn't want to wait, so I took a chance and ordered the String Bean Chicken Breast. And I loved it. It has tons of protein, is packed with veggies and, oh yeah, it's delicious.

#SpoonTip: Check out our complete guide on what to order at Panda Express if you're trying to be healthy

9. Chicken Egg Rolls

Photo via Panda Express

While Panda's entree items are all delish, their appetizers deserve a round of applause, too, including the chicken egg rolls. Whenever I go to Panda, it's hard for me to pass these up. Cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, green onions, and chicken are stuffed into a wonton wrapper and fried until crisp. These make a great addition to your already yummy meal and are the best Panda Express apps.

8. Grilled Teriyaki Chicken

Photo via Panda Express

One of Panda's more popular items, the Grilled Teriyaki Chicken earns a well-deserved spot on this list. The first time I ever visited Panda, I order the Grilled Teriyaki Chicken, and it was love at first bite. Juicy chicken thighs are grilled to perfection and then smothered in sweet and spicy teriyaki sauce. I always pair it with brown rice and veggies when I want to feel a bit healthier.

7. Beijing Beef

Photo via Panda Express

Panda's Beijing Beef is, in my opinion, one of the most underrated entrees on the menu. With marinated beef strips and fresh bell peppers and onions, you can't go wrong ordering this delectable dish. Pair it with a side of rice or chow mein for a complete meal.

6. Cream Cheese Rangoons

Photo via Panda Express

Adding cream cheese rangoons to your meal is never a bad idea. Another of Panda's delicious appetizers, these wonton wrappers are filled with cream cheese and served with a side of sweet and sour sauce. I always order a rangoon (or two...or three) if I want to have an added bonus to my meal.

5. Black Pepper Chicken

Photo via Panda Express

This dish can be found at Chinese restaurants all over, but I think Panda's Black Pepper Chicken is one of the yummiest. If you order this entree, you'll get a heap of marinated chicken mixed with celery and onions, all covered in a bold black pepper sauce.

4. Fried Rice

If you've never eaten fried rice, you're missing out. But if you haven't had Panda Express' fried rice, you're REALLY missing out. The restaurant combines steamed white rice with soy sauce, eggs, peas, carrots, and green onions. Order it with an entree, or eat it by itself.

3. Chow Mein

Photo via Panda Express

This is my favorite side item at Panda. You'll want to chow down on Panda's chow mein. Wheat noodles are stir-fried and are added with onions, celery and cabbage to make for a delicious dish. Even though chow mein is technically a side item, you can totally eat it by itself. 

2. Honey Walnut Shrimp

Photo via Panda Express

Whenever I visited Panda, a lot of my friends would order Honey Walnut Shrimp, but I had never tried it until recently. This seafood item on Panda's menu, Honey Walnut Shrimp is simply amazing. These scrumptious shrimp are tempura-battered, tossed in a honey sauce and then mixed with glazed walnuts. 

1. Orange Chicken

Photo via Panda Express

There's a reason why this dish is Panda's claim to fame. The restaurant's most popular entree is made with crispy boneless pieces of meat combined with the chain's secret sweet yet spicy orange sauce. Almost everyone who walks through Panda's doors orders orange chicken. If you've never eaten it, you haven't truly lived.

Next time you're at Panda, don't feel intimidated by the endless number of choices. From my experience, almost everything you order is bound to be tasty. And don't forget to eat your fortune cookie, too.