Panda Express has some pretty delicious food, so it may be surprising to know that their healthier options can be just as good as their delicious fried rice or infamous orange chicken. These healthier options at Panda Express will not only save you the extra calories and unnecessary fat, but also come with some awesome nutritional benefits in return. Hey, we all gotta start somewhere, right?

First Things First

When walking up to order, the first food options to choose from are rice or chow mein. Opt for steamed brown rice, which has beneficial nutrients not found in steamed white rice. It also comes without the unnecessary fat and calories found in fried rice and chow mein. However, if you really want to go into full-on health mode, skip it all together and ask for steamed vegetables.

The Main Event

When deciding on entrees, orange chicken may be the most popular order, but with over 20g of fat and one of the highest calorie options on the menu, it's not the smartest choice. Opt for the vegetable-based entrees, like the broccoli chicken or string bean chicken. Both come in under 200 calories per serving and include fiber and protein to keep you feeling satisfied.

Not feeling chicken? Entrees like broccoli beef and tangy shrimp are also low-calorie options that offer the same nutritional benefits.

Last But Not Least

You're at the end of the line, and now you're wondering what side to choose. When you want the healthiest option, opt for the egg flower soup, which is one of the lowest calorie and fat options. However, if you just can't resist their egg or spring rolls, go for the veggie spring roll, which has the least amount of calories and fat.

When eating at any restaurant, don't be afraid to branch out and try something new. Trying the healthier route can give you some awesome nutritional benefits without sacrificing taste. However, there's one thing for sure: whether going the healthier route or not, finishing with a fortune cookie is always acceptable.