I consider myself a nut butter aficionado. Honestly, aficionado puts it nicely. I'm more of an addict. Not to be overly dramatic, but without nut butter, I don't know how I'd survive. I rely on a variety of almond butters, peanut butters, pecan butters, and anything in between to keep me fueled and happy during my day to day life. These 10 nut butters are high in protein, low in sugar, made with whole ingredients, AND taste really, really good, making them the perfect choice to munch on. 

1. Justin's Vanilla Almond Butter

This is the first almond butter I ever tried and the brand that started my addiction. This stuff tastes like a birthday party in a jar and is the perfect texture for spreading on anything from apples to multigrain toast. I always have one of these jars on hand to satisfy my cravings. Now if only Justin's could fill their chocolate cups with this, too. 

2. Nuts 'n More Chocolate Maple Pretzel Peanut Butter 

The salty crunch of the (gluten free!) pretzel bits and the subtle sweetness of the maple come together to form an absolutely addicting flavor combination. With a high protein content and low amount of sugar, this nut butter is great for when you're trying to eat clean while still enjoying good food. This stuff never even makes it off my spoon—I just eat it straight from the jar. Oops. 

3. Barney Butter's Honey + Flax Almond Butter 

I've always preferred AB&H (that's almond butter and honey) over classic PB&J, so I was psyched to get my hands on Barney Butter's Honey + Flax almond butter. The subtle sweetness of the honey pairs SO well with the natural flavor and texture of the flax seeds. And to those with a peanut allergy, get excited because you can *actually* enjoy this spread! All Barney Butters are made in California in a 100% peanut-free, organic facility. 

4. NuttZo Power Fuel 

Arguably the most unique, delicious "super butter" on the planet, NuttZo's Power Fuel is made of seven different types of nuts and even comes in two textures: smooth and crunchy. Even though this nut butter is packed with chia, flax, and pumpkin seeds, it never tastes like birdseed. The 2Go squeeze packs are lifesaving when you're rushing from class to class and trying to prevent the hanger. Bonus: it's paleo!!! 

5. Trader Joe's Creamy Almond Butter 

This stuff is just plain addictive. With only one ingredient, you know exactly what you're getting: a jar full of good for you, good tasting almond butter that goes with anything and everything. The runnier texture makes it perfect for mixing in smoothies, dipping apples into, or my personal favorite, drizzling on a stack of pancakes

6. Wild Friend's Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter

Thanks to Wild Friends and their variety of products, healthy is never boring. I'm not lying when I say this flavor tastes like you're eating an ooey gooey cinnamon raisin cookie—it's that good. With chunky raisins and thick swirls of cinnamon, this peanut butter pairs best with morning oats or even celery for a super easy version of ants on a log

7. Artisana Organics Pecan Butter

Sure, you've tried almond butter, peanut butter, and maybe even cashew butter, but have you tried pecan butter? Artisana Organics' Pecan Butter tastes like pecan pie and is just the right thickness for spreading on warm slices of toast or plopping on top of a yogurt bowl

8. Mighty Nut Powdered Peanut Butter

Low calorie, low fat peanut butter exists, and it tastes so freakin' good. To make their variety of powdered peanut butters, Mighty Nut roasts and presses peanuts, which removes most of the fat and leaves behind fiber, protein, and a yummy taste. All you have to do is add 1 TBSP of water to every 2 TBSP of powder and boom, you've made your own low cal, low fat peanut butter. 

9. Trader Joe's Mixed Nut Butter 

With this Whole30 compliant mixture of almonds, cashews, walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans, and Brazil nuts, and the tiniest amount of sea salt, Trader Joe's has nailed it (as always). Because the nuts are dry roasted before being ground together, the variety of flavors blends together extra smoothly. Tip: stir before spreading to ensure the best possible texture.

Go stock up on apples, bread, celery, or check out these ways to incorporate more nut butters into your life and enjoy!