Chipotle is one of the few places that never fails to fill you up for cheap. Like many popular food chains such as Starbucks and Taco Bell, Chipotle has a secret menu that people don't know about. These secret hacks can help satisfy the pickiest of eaters to the most adventurous, ranging from simplifying menu items to adding on for an extravagant (sometimes picture-worthy) Chipotle masterpiece. Accessing the Chipotle secret menu isn't a complex task — sometimes all it takes is a quick search on TikTok and a semi-complicated order.

It's important to remember that these items are not on any official menu but are rather fan-made modifications to menu items, so don’t expect your local Chipotle to understand what your “Burritodilla” order consists of without explaining it. Not only will these hacks level up your order, they’re usually cheap. In reality, if you surround yourself with other fast food chain lovers and follow a few hack accounts in TikTok, you might learn a few things. Here are 12 Chipotle secret menu items I've learned over the years with the help of friends and some extensive menu experimentation.

1. Quesarito

chicken, pork, rice
Irene Limb

A quesarito is essentially a burrito wrapped in a quesadilla rather than a plain tortilla. This order makes for an extremely cheesy burrito. You can either explain that you want a burrito wrapped in a quesadilla or order a quesadilla and a burrito, then make it yourself. Because you’re still ordering a burrito, you can add any and every fillings you want.

According to Chipotle workers, it can be a pain to make, so make sure you’re not ordering it during an afternoon rush. If you’re ordering online, add a small description in the text box to make it easier or choose to assemble it yourself. Any of their other toppings can go with it, and it costs an additional $3.50

2. Nachos

nachos, guacamole, salsa, sauce, chili, corn, pepper, vegetable
Alex Weiner

While ordering nachos can sometimes be underwhelming, it's something that you won't see on Chipotle's regular menu. When ordering these nachos, have no fear — the hardest part about the entire ordering process is when you have to ask for it. To order the nachos, ask for a bowl with chips as the base. Then, add any protein and toppings you want. If you want to simplify the ordering process (and ease that ordering food anxiety), you can order chips on the side, order your bowl as usual, then mix it all together.

To order online, give written instructions to have a bowl with a base of chips, or make it simple and order the two items separately to mix at home. A side of chips costs $1.55 and a bowl costs around $7-9 depending on your protein choice, meaning these loaded nachos will be under $15. 

3. Burritodilla 

burrito
Hannah Bettis

The Burritodilla combines a quesadilla and a burrito together, in a different way from the quesarito. Basically, the burritodilla is a quesadilla that is loaded with the fillings you’d normally put in a burrito. This makes it much smaller than the giant quesarito (because it can only hold about half the fillings) and cheesier.

To order this, ask for a quesadilla with protein and whatever other toppings you want. You have to order the fillings before they melt the cheese or else the fillings won't be inside the quesadilla. For online orders, add in the notes that you’d like the fillings inside the quesadilla. 

4. Quesadilla

crepe
Alex Weiner

Chipotle's quesadillas are your standard quesadillas: a flat burrito tortilla stuffed with cheese and melted in their presser. While this used to be much more of a secret hack, Chipotle has adapted with the times and added it to their online menu as a Kid’s Meal (it's still not on the official store menu). As for in person orders, how to make the quesadilla is common knowledge as it's usually made for online orders, so don’t be afraid to order it. The online menu includes a cheesy quesadilla with three sides of your choice for $3 with only cheese and $4.50 including protein.

5. The 3-Pointer

burrito, vegetable, pea, corn, beans, cheese
Santina Renzi

The 3-pointer is a burrito that only has three toppings/fillings in it. It's on the secret menu because it's known to be cheaper than a standard Chipotle burrito. This hack has created some confusion in the Chipotle community, so a Chipotle spokesperson cleared it up on a Facebook post: a single portion of meat, sofritas, or guacamole is equal to two points. Everything else on the menu is one point.

To order and ensure you get the cheaper “3 pointer” rate, follow the system described above. If you choose to get any extra toppings or fillings, you’ll get charged the standard burrito price. 

6. Double-Decker Taco

tacos, meat, parsley, vegetable, tomato, bread, lettuce, pork, beef, chicken
Hana Brannigan

The double-decker taco is a normal taco inside of a softshell cheese taco. The cheese taco goes on the bottom and the regular taco (that has fillings) goes on top. To order, ask for a taco with all your favorite fillings stacked on top of a softshell cheese taco. Or, you can order the two separately and stack them yourself (this probably works best for online orders). 

7. Taco Salad

vegetable, salad, pasta, pepper, meat, chili
Michelle Miller

The taco salad is not among the list of popular Chipotle hacks — it's rumored to not be served at most Chipotle locations. The taco salad is basically any salad on the Chipotle menu served with an extra fried tortilla bowl. If it's not available at your local Chipotle, you can always order nachos with lettuce to make the most of it!

8. Double Wrapped Burrito

cake, chocolate
Becky Hughes

While most employees at Chipotle would do this anyway if your burrito is falling apart, it's a secret to ask for two tortillas to wrap your burrito up, given that you usually only get one. If you ask for two, you can always split up the fillings later on and make two burritos for the price of one!

9. Double Toppings

Chipotle Burrito Bowl, burrito bowl, Chipotle

While most people get one serving of each topping with their meal, it's fine to ask for doubles (and is free of charge). This helps if you're indecisive, but be prepared for an extra charge if you ask for extra protein or guacamole.

10. Cilantro

parsley, coriander, cilantro, vegetable, herb
Msu Spoon

Yes, cilantro's the green herb that's in your Chipotle rice. All you have to do is ask for it, and the best part about it is that it's free.

11. Dragon Sauce

Popularized by foodie TikTokers, dragon sauce is made by combining sour cream and hot salsa, ideally meant for being enjoyed with a Chipotle quesadilla. Because the quesadilla is technically a take-out only item, make sure to include sour cream and salsa in the three toppings it comes with. Also, remember that this hack is not something you can ask for when ordering, you have to make it yourself!

12. Spicy Queso

Posted and endorsed by the Chipotle TikTok account, spicy queso is another fun sauce combination made for dipping in quesadillas. You can make chipotle’s spicy queso by ordering a side of queso and their hot salsa and then mixing it. Chipotle themselves says that this sauce goes especially well with a Quesabrisket (a quesadilla with the brisket meat option).