New York City is a hub for celebrities, whether they're shooting movies, attending events or just living in chic apartments in the heart of West Village. Of course, if there's one thing about celebrities, we know, despite being on strict diets, they have access to some of the greatest places to eat and they know where to go to get the best of the best. So, next time you want to enjoy a luxurious meal or run into your favorite star for a selfie, visit these places — the best restaurants for celebrity spotting in NYC. 

1. The Spotted Pig

Whether it is Kim and Kanye or Beyonce and JayZ on date night, The Spotted Pig is known to often seat the famous and fabulous. The oysters and grilled cheese at this gastropub are sensational, but critics highly recommend you try the burger.

2. Gemma 

From BFF duo Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid to Ashley Olsen, and Blake Lively, they've all gotten acquainted with this Italian eatery. The rustic vibe and divine food at Gemma makes it one of the best restaurants for celebrity spotting in NYC. 

3. Magnolia Bakery

The smooth and sweet taste of Magnolia Bakery's banana pudding is something nobody can resist — not even celebrities like Katie Holmes and Kate Hudson. So, whether they're having a bite of pudding or chocolate cupcakes, celebrities don't shy away from this famous bakery.

4. iL Mulino 

iL Mulino is an upscale Italian restaurant that's one of the Kardashians' go-to spots in the city. If you want to eat like this famous clan, order the rigatoni bolognese like Kendall or another satiating pasta like Kylie. If you're really lucky, you might be able to score a selfie with one of them (or you know, at least photo bomb one of theirs). 

5. Balthazar 

We all know NYC is all about that #brunch, and what is a better brunch spot than the brasserie Balthazar? David Beckham, Robert De Niro, and Jessica Alba have all been spotted here and now, it's your turn. If you want to feel bougie, order a seafood tower or a try out the Steak Frites.

6. Bar Pitti 

What is more like squad goals than the Victoria Secret Angels dining at Bar Pitti? This family dining Italian classic menu includes veal meatballs, Scottish smoked salmon, quick-fry pasta, and so much more. If it's good enough for The Angels, it's good enough for me.

7. Emilio's Ballato

Emilio's Ballato, a family owned and operated Italian restaurant, is known to be loved by celebrities like Lenny Kravtiz, Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner, and even former President Barack Obama. You really can't go wrong with any of their dishes, but the chicken parm was named No. 1 in the city by Grub Street. 

8. Carbone

Carbone is a tiny retro Italian, yet upscale eatery that's loved by all. Some of the famous peeps that've been seen there include Taylor SwiftLorde and Kim K. The angel hair AOP and lobster ravioli at Carbone is simply exquisite. 

9. Polo Bar

When celebrities want to have a night around town, they hit The Polo Bar. Whether you see Bradley Cooper sipping a glass of chardonnay, Rihanna indulging on a shrimp cocktail, or Kanye simply dining with Ralph Lauren, you know it's going to be a good night at The Polo Bar. 

10. iL Buco

il Buco's old school charm, Mediterranean eats and simple presentation make it a small gem in NYC, and this gem has been discovered by Angelina Jolie, Jessica Simpson and Taylor Swift. Try out the pasta, but save room for the panna cotta drizzled in balsamic for dessert. 

So, the next time you're in NYC, hit up one these restaurants. You might bump into someone famous, and if you don't, well at least you got to dine as if you were.