Just because Valentines Day is on a Wednesday this year, doesn't mean you have to spend it in the library. Whether you're in need of some girls time or a last-minute idea, these are some of my top choices for how to spend this day in Antigonish with friends or with a significant other. 

1. Gabrieau's Bistro

This restaurant is located on Main Street and has high quality food made from locally sourced ingredients. This Valentines Day, 989 XFM is giving away a chance to win a three course meal on February 13th for you and a plus one. All you have to do is go to their website and enter your name, email address, phone number, and your love story for a chance to win. 

2. The Townhouse 

Townhouse is a cozy and dim lit restaurant on College street, which is perfect for a Valentines dinner. This February 14th, Townhouse is hosting a trivia night starting at 9pm, and they'll have a few Valentines Day specials to go along with it. Be sure to get there early so you don't miss out on the fun.

3. Valentines Baking

sweet, cream, cake, jam
Amanda Shulman

What better way to impress your friends or a special someone than by showing off your baking skills? If you want to get creative with your baked goods this Valentines Day, Check out these delicious desserts for some inspiration.

4. Boston Pizza

On Valentines Day, Boston Pizza makes heart-shaped pizzas and donates $1 from each pizza to the Boston Pizza Foundation, which supports various programs for youth. If you donate $2 you can also purchase a Boston Pizza Peel and Win heart for a chance to win prizes. The awesome part is that for every pizza, you get $5 off your next order over $25.

5. Main Street Cafe

This year, Main Street Cafe has designed a special Valentines Day menu. There are 3 choices for each appetizer, entree, and dessert, which you can mix and match. It is only $44 - $46 for a whole three course meal, so be sure to make your reservations soon.

6. Little Christo's

This Mediterranean restaurant located on Main Street has absolutely delicious food. Luckily Valentines Day is on a Wednesday this year, which happens to be the same day that Little Christo's offers pizzas at half-price. To top it all off, there will also be a Valentines Day Greek special.

I hope you all have a great evening celebrating your relationships or your singleness in Antigonish with some of these ideas, and don't forget these ultimate chocolatey treats.