Everyone loves chicken nuggets. No matter what age you are, it's hard to pass up a chicken nugget. Chicken nuggets can be described as small pieces of chicken that are breaded and baked or fried until golden brown. They might be round or even shaped like a dinosaur. Some may consider chicken nuggets to be a food for kids, but there are so many ways you can elevate the simple chicken nugget. Here are five ways to eat chicken nuggets like an adult.

Chicken Parmesan

spaghetti, pasta, sauce
Hannah Cather

Chicken Parmesan, better known as Chicken Parm, is breaded chicken breast smothered in tomato sauce and topped with melted mozzarella cheese. This recipe is basically a giant chicken nugget, but even better because it's topped with tomato sauce and cheese.

General Tso’s Chicken Stir Fry

Bowl of Meat · Free Stock Photo

on Pexels

Take a Chinese-American spin on the classic chicken nugget with General Tso's chicken. General Tso’s Chicken is breaded and fried chicken thigh tossed in a sweet sauce. Serve the chicken with broccoli and rice. Finish the dish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.

Chicken and Waffles

Photo by Miguel Dominguez on Unsplash

Unsplash on unsplash

Elevate the classic chicken nugget with a combination of salty and sweet flavors. Fry up some chicken tenders and pair them with your favorite waffle recipe. Feel free to take a spicy spin on the typical recipe with a drizzle of hot sauce. Keep it traditional with maple syrup or if you're really adventurous, whip up your own honey butter.

Cobb Salad

salad, vegetable, pepper, lettuce
Becky Hughes

Salad is a great medium to brighten any dish. If you're ever craving chicken nuggets and salad, whip up a Breaded Chicken Cobb Salad. Add toppings like tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, corn, avocado, bacon bits, and more. Finish it off with your dressing of choice to create a lighter version of a childhood favorite.

Nashville Hot Chicken

Chicken and waffles, Waffles, chicken
Sabrina Yu

Prepare for a party in your mouth with this one. Nashville Hot Chicken is fried chicken tossed in a spicy cayenne pepper sauce. This dish is not for the faint of heart. If you're a fan of spicy food, Nashville Hot Chicken is a great way to upgrade the humble chicken nugget.

There are countless ways the simple chicken nugget can be upgraded. Of course, there's nothing wrong with enjoying chicken nuggets every now and then. But if you're hankering for a nug with paired with more elevated flavors, try out a new recipe and see what you think.