Date nights in the dorms require a little creativity. Access to ovens, stoves, pots and pans is limited, but don't fret. It's still possible to woo your significant other with a microwave dinner date night. 

Below is a list of go-to date night eats, all microwave-friendly. Chances are, your significant other may not even realize the meal was made completely by microwave.

Appetizers

Potato Chips

Alison Weissbrot

Potato chips may seem like a simple appetizer, but these microwaved potato chips take on a rustic charm that is sure to satisfy.

Hot Artichoke Dip

The nice thing about a dip is the variety of foods it can go with. Whether you choose veggies, pita chips or baguette slices, it will taste fantastic. This hot artichoke dip will allow you to have a wide range of potential tasty appetizer combinations. 

Main Course

Pasta

meatballs, The Sosta, pesto, pasta
Sabrina Yu

Once the pasta is cooked, the sauce and topping options are really up to you. Add marinara sauce and sliced cherry tomatoes for classic spaghetti, Alfredo sauce and roasted chicken for restaurant-ready fettuccine Alfredo or any other combination of sauce and topping your heart desires.

Salmon

Cooking, Healthy, homemade, Cucumber Avocado Salad, salad, Side Salad, avocado, pan-seared salmon, college life, dorm life
Amy Dong

If you're looking to impress, this will surely do the trick. Salmon is just bougie enough that your significant other will never be able to guess it was prepared in less than 10 minutes via microwave.

Sides

Steamed Veggies

broccoli, vegetable, salad, pepper
Maddie Cole

Veggies compliment most meals (including both of the main courses above). Bonus: steamed veggies are a pretty grown-up side. Your significant other will definitely be impressed with the sophisticated choice.

Baked Potato

Baked potatoes are a crowd favorite. If you decide to skip this one for your date night, remember it as a snack. Besides, who needs a date when you have a steamy potato covered in sour cream and cheese waiting for you.

Dessert

Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels

pretzel, sweet, candy, doughnut, pastry
Allie Koestler

These cinnamon sugar pretzels offer a sweet crunch to finish off your microwave dinner. They're fast, simple and easy to make in big batches for future dates — or late night snack sessions.

Chocolate Turtle Fondue

This chocolate turtle fondue is perfect for those trying to pull out all the stops. Luckily, it's ridiculously easy to make. Spoiler alert: you basically just throw caramel and chocolate into a microwave. 

Dice up brownies, sponge cake and fruit to dip in the fondue. You can buy some special fondue skewers to be extra fancy, but your hands should also do just fine. 

Dinner of Champions

Any of these microwave recipes are perfect for your next dinner date. Also, the reduced prep time will have you spending less time in the kitchen and more time with your significant other. Remember, couples who microwave together, stay together.