Hungry? You walk over to the pantry to grab some food, and out of the corner of your eye, you spot a pink donut box. Your calendar is wrong, because it must be Christmas morning. Excited, you open the box…. only to be presented with several stale donuts.

Sad Patrick

Gif courtesy of reactiongifs.com

But wait – don’t toss them – there are endless ways to re-purpose leftover desserts and even fruit. In fact, turn them into something your taste buds will appreciate and love.

For When You Have Leftover cake

Layered Trifle

Photo by Katherine Richter

Photo by Katherine Richter

Old cake or cookies? Smash them, and dress them up in a mason jar with alternating layers of whipped cream and crumbled cake. Make your trifle even more decorative by adding some optional fruit between the layers. That’s all there is to it.

Cake Pops and Truffles

leftover desserts

Photo by Priscilla Pan

There’s really nothing more satisfying than crumbling an old cake and turning it into mini pops of pure goodness. Simply crumble the cake or even cookies, mix with frosting, and dunk in chocolate. If you’re feeling fancy, stab it with a stick and you got yourself a cake pop. Cake pops are better than regular cake. #preach

Cake Shake

Phoebe Melnick

Photo by Phoebe Melnick

Your milkshake will bring all the boys to the yard. Actually though. The easiest way to use your surplus of leftover cake (if there is even such a thing) is to throw it in a blender. If refrigerated cake just isn’t cutting it, place a large slice of cake, a scoop of ice cream, and 1/4 cup of milk, and take it for a whirl. You’ll end up with a delectable sweet treat perfect for summer days. Nobody can resist. Here’s a great list of flavor combinations to try.

For When You Have Leftover Bread

Bread Pudding

Photo by Naib Mian

Photo by Naib Mian

Oh no, did you forget to tie up that loaf of bread in the fridge again? Lucky for you, bread pudding is specifically made with stale bread, brioche, or even cake. Now, you can tell your roommates that you meant to leave the bread out to make bread pudding. There really are infinite flavor combinations, but who can resist turning stale bread into an ooey, gooey, chocolate and caramel dessert?

French Toast in a Mug

Photo by Rebecca Siminov

Photo by Rebecca Siminov

Yes, you could make French toast, but that wouldn’t be fun, now would it. Now, this, microwavable French toast in a mug? That’s exciting. It’s like making a mug cake, but you get to use something already made. Throw in your favorite flavors, cinnamon, vanilla, sugar, and some binding agents, and you’ll have this beauty in less than five minutes.

French Toast Roll-Up

Photo by Kassie McIntyre

Okay, now French toast in a mug was pretty exciting, but what about a roll-up with Nutella and strawberries instead? This way, all the flavor is inside of every bite. Mind. Blown.

For When You Have Leftover Donuts

Krispy Kreme Donut Chips

Photo by Rebecca Sather Jenkins

Photo by Rebecca Sather Jenkins

If you just found some old donuts in that iconic pink donut box but they aren’t tasting so great, simply squish and add some heat. Compress them on a skillet for a few minutes to compress, drizzle with chocolate and even more chocolate chips. Boom. Crispy donut chips.

For When You Have Overripe Bananas

2-Ingredient Pancakes

Photo by Zoe Zaiss

These pancakes contain no flour. Nope, they only have two eggs and bananas. If your bananas are overripe, your pancakes will carry plenty of sweetness from the fruit, you won’t need to add syrup either. These are the healthiest pancakes you’re ever going to find. Simplicity is key.

Nice Cream

Photo by Samantha Sitt

Photo by Samantha Sitt

AKA the easiest ice cream you’ll ever make. If you thought pancakes were easy with only two ingredients, this ice cream only requires one: frozen bananas. Especially perfect for over-ripened bananas, just slice up the banana, and freeze it in a plastic bag for several hours. Once frozen, blend it up, and it will immediately produce a heavenly creamy texture. Step up your game by adding in peanut butter or perhaps a magic shell.