I’m not going to lie, I originally bought 6 doughnuts, and yes, I did eat one doughnut chip myself before starting the recipe. I just couldn’t help it. I’m not sorry. I’m also not sorry about the delicious aroma that oozes from the stove as these little sweets fry in their own sugary glaze. It filled up the whole dorm kitchen. People came down just to see what the glorious smell was from.

Bonus, the smell will stick to your clothes, and you will smell heavenly and sweet for the next hour or two. I think this is one of those things that is surprisingly easy to make and consistently surprises people too – like, how does a doughnut chip not sound enticing?

#SpoonTip: If you want it like a churro, under fry it so it’s still a fair bit soft and sprinkle on cinnamon sugar while it’s hot.

These little guys are easy to whip up, the longest amount of time being however long it takes you to physically get the doughnuts. So, if you’re tired of eating plain boring not quite crisp enough doughnuts, I highly recommend revamping them into the perfect chips they can be.

How To Make Krispy Kreme Doughnut Chips

• Prep Time:5 minutes
  • Cook Time:10 minutes
  • Total Time:15 minutes

• 5 Original Glazed Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
  • Chocolate (optional)
  • M&M's (optional)
Photo by Rebecca Sather Jenkins

Buy doughnuts.

Photo by Rebecca Sather Jenkins

Place doughnut in frying pan on medium heat. No cooking spray necessary.

Photo by Rebecca Sather Jenkins

Squish doughnut with another pan or pot.

Photo by Rebecca Sather Jenkins

Fry doughnut in it’s own molten sugar for about 2 minutes on each side until darker brown.

Photo by Rebecca Sather Jenkins

Remove doughnut and let cool on a plate.

Photo by Rebecca Sather Jenkins

Add melted chocolate.

Photo by Rebecca Sather Jenkins

Or chopped M&M’s (or leave them plain).

Photo by Rebecca Sather Jenkins

Eat all of the doughnut chips.

Photo by Rebecca Sather Jenkins