The other day I was searching on YouTube for relaxing ASMR videos and came across kinetic sand cutting. My first thoughts were skeptical, but after listening to one of those videos for a few minutes my nerves felt calmer and brought me back into my own head. 

What Is ASMR?

For those of you who do not know what ASMR is, it is short for Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response. ASMR is described as feeling "tingles" that run through the back of someone's head and spine. This sensation can cause people to feel deeply relaxed and even tired enough to fall asleep. Some of the most common forms of ASMR sounds include whispering, crinkling wrapping paper, or stirring a bowl of soup. There are hundreds of ASMR videos on YouTube that people can listen to in order to see which one connects t them. 

Sand Cutting

I personally happen to like the kinetic sand cutting that I came across the other day. Sand Tagious is the channel where fans can find different and longer videos than the ones posted on Instagram. Different kinetic sand designs are created and then they are cut, scraped, and diced in a way that is soothing to the ear and body. In addition to the sounds, the visuals of the sand are very satisfying and neat to watch especially in slow-motion.

There is a satisfying feeling that I get when I see the sand being scooped or cut it is almost because I know if I ever tried to do that I would mess it up! 

@Sand.Tagious on Instagram has nearly 528k followers who are all interested in watching the satisfying and relaxing videos on a daily basis. The account is home to over 300 videos of this sand cutting and every video is different from the next whether it be the color of the sand or the way the sand is cut or scooped. 

Food Shaped Sand

Something even cooler about Sand Tagious' videos are that there are designs shaped like food including Oreo's, watermelon, cupcakes, donuts, sushi, and more. They look almost edible enough to eat, but unfortunately they are made out of this kinetic sand! 

The channel Insider on YouTube made a video about Sand Tagious showing all of the various kinds of food shaped designs that have been created. 

Final Thoughts

If you are into ASMR or want to start listening to it, I highly recommend to do so because it is very relaxing. I use ASMR as a form of self-care to unwind, relax, and become immersed in the moment similar to mindfulness meditation. If this type is not for you, searching on the Internet will help you come across the perfect one!