I dread getting my period. Sure, it's a natural, biological process, but I get some serious cramps and mood swings with it. Add in the fact that at college I find myself thousands of miles away from home, and I lack the comfort that I need during my time of the month. That's where The PMS Package comes in. Prepare yourselves, gals.

What is the PMS Package?

The PMS Package is a monthly subscription box that is delivered to your door when you need a little bit of pampering. This package consists of both feminine products and comfort items. Think of it as a care package, because self-care is essential for living your best life.

As someone that struggles during her period, I was intrigued. A package that alleviates some of the uncomfortable pain that comes with getting your period? Sign me up. I tried out an original package, and here's what I thought about The PMS Package.

Brownie Brittle

Chocolate is a major necessity while dealing with painful periods. Brownie Brittle was one of the products included in The PMS Package that I received. It's an understatement when I say that I was pumped to see these crispy, chocolatey guys. Bonus, these guys come in an assortment of flavors like salted caramel and peanut butter chip

Mandy's Cookie Thins

Move over Oreo Thins: There's a new cookie in town. Mandy's Cookie Thins are light snacks that will curb any chocolate craving. These cookies have a strong, cocoa flavor that isn't really sweet. My recommendation? Because these cookies don't have a filling, get creative with it and fill these guys with ice cream. Go ahead, flex those creativity muscles during that time of the month. 

Cheryl's Cookies 

The PMS Package, I see you. Cheryl's Cookies: An ode to the days you spent at your grandmother's house eating her homemade chocolate chip cookies. These freshly-baked, gourmet cookies are even better when you heat them up and dip them into your milk of choice. Instant mood-booster. 

Gary Poppins Popcorn

For all you Northwestern Wildcats, I've got a savory snack for you. Gary Poppins Popcorn started up as a small store in Evanston and has blossomed into a successful company with over 40 flavors. The PMS Package introduced me to the aged white cheddar flavor, and I honestly cannot get enough. Not only are the ingredients super clean, but the cheese flavor is prominent and addicting.

Opaline Bath Bomb

Make your next bath a luxurious experience with an Opaline Bath bomb. If you're a bath bomb-amateur, you must try these. Not only are they aesthetically pleasing, but they are extremely relaxing. Infused with floral scents, this bath bomb will calm you down and leave you moisturized. 

Ionix Color Treatment Shampoo

I'm the first to admit that when I'm on my period, I feel gross and moody. The PMS Package includes Ionix Color Treatment Shampoo, that way you can pamper yourself. The addition of the Argan oil leaves your hair super shiny and silky. Treat yourself. 

Mirabella Charmed Visionary Longwear Eyeshadow

Winter is coming, and the temperature is going to start dropping fairly soon. That being said, I've found it difficult to find makeup that doesn't crease or dry out my skin. Mirabella's eyeshadow has a creamy formula that glides on smoothly, and comes in such a pretty champagne-pink color that will flatter anyone. 

Playtex Gentle Glide Tampons

I saved the most important essential for last. The PMS Package thought of everything, including feminine products for your time of the month. Playtex tampons are my favorite, so I was stoked to see these in my package. 

The PMS Package is a thoughtful and fun way to navigate your period. It's a monthly gift to yourself when you need it the most, and a great way to discover new products that you might end up loving. The next time you're dreading your period, consider trying out the PMS Package to make the experience better.