With the new year brings new resolutions.  Setting goals for 2018 will help you be focused, motivated, challenges you. I'm guilty of being super motivated, eating right, and going to the gym regularly then once the third week of January hits, I lose motivation. But this year I'm determined to overcome the January-hump by setting myself goals that are achievable without putting too much effort into. Let's get off on the right foot with effortless healthy habits.

Eat Wholesome Foods

apple, peach, vegetable
Cherie Mak

Eating nutritious foods does not mean a diet. Being aware of the foods you put into your body should be a goal. "Whole foods" simply means unprocessed foods that are high in vitamins and minerals. For me, I love finding new recipes to replace sugar sweets like energy balls and sweet potato brownies that are guilt-free and beyond delicious.

Drink More Water

This isn't new news, drinking water does make a difference. There are so many benefits to drinking water. It flushes out toxins in your body, increases energy, boost immune system, and so much more. People challenge themselves to drink the daily recommended amount, eight 8-ounce glasses a day. You make "pretty water" by infusing different fruits to pump up the flavor of water. Maybe instead of ordering a soda at a restaurant, order a water.

Get More Sleep

chocolate, cake, sleep, nap, napping, sleeping, asleep, girl, bed, blanket, pillow

It seems in today's world that everyone is trying to fit 36-hours of work into a 24-hour day. Sleep is wildly important, for both your physical and mental health. It helps to repair your heart and blood vessels, balances hormones, and reduces anxiety. Avoid any sleep deprivation by getting 7-8 hours of sleep for adults.

Make Exercise Fun

A lot of people can have a negative look on exercise. It does not mean dragging yourself to the gym and stay on the elliptical for over an hour. If exercise feels forceful, then you won't enjoy it.

Listen to your body cause every body is made entirely different. There's so many different types of exercise to try: running, swimming, kick boxing, yoga, spinning, HITT. Whatever kind of activity works for you: find it, love it, do it. 

A Good Morning and Night Routine

beer, tea, pizza, coffee
Isabella Alessandrini

Never wake up on the wrong-side of the bed again. Having a stressful morning is not a good way to start the day. Set your alarm 5 or 10 minutes earlier to give yourself a little extra time. Wash your face, brush your hair and teeth and face the day with a huge smile. Try a couple of stretching exercises to wake up your body. Oh, and don't forget your cup of jo! 

For the night, pick out your clothes you plan to wear for the next day and pack you bags. Meal prep your breakfast and lunch to make your mornings easier too. Also, perfect your beauty regime at night by brushing your teeth, washing your face, putting on any face serums for your glowing skin.  

Treat Yourself!

Resolutions should not be about restricting yourself, they're about making a happier and healthy you. Habits do not form over night, it takes time. Don't make yourself go crazy over eating chicken and steamed broccoli and going to the gym for 3-hours everyday. The 80/20 rule helps you stay on a healthy lifestyle path, but allows you to indulge yourself every once-in-a-while. Perhaps Monday to Friday you eat wholesome foods. But on Saturday you stop at In-and-Out for a protein style burger. Treat yourself!

2018 is your year, I can feel it. Let's kick it off right with focusing on nourishing the body and mental health. It takes 21 days for something to become a habit. Try these 6 effortless resolutions and I'll guarantee you, you'll see a difference in your life.