If you are a Syracuse University student, you must know that sorority recruitment season is coming up, and we are all excited for it to start. Before the adventure begins, there are a few things you should know to stay healthy and active during the process. 

For two weekends, you are going to be walking to all the chapters on campus and talking to the sisters. So, you are going to use all the energy you have in your body. To help you stay on the best track, I have come up with five things you should know before recruitment starts. 

1. Sleep, sleep and sleep

coffee, tea, milk, mug, bed, cozy, Morning
Caroline Ingalls

It is essential that you get a good night's sleep the night before recruitment starts. You will need your battery up to 100%, and your body fully awake for an extended period. Every time you get the chance to sleep, I encourage you to do so. 

PS. If you are a morning coffee person, don't forget to drink yours before leaving your dorm. 

2. Take your vitamins

candy, sweet, chocolate, gelatin, milk
Alyssa Modos

To have the energy you need and to try not to catch a cold or flu, I will strongly recommend for you to take your vitamins C & D. Vitamin C will help you get energy, immunity, a good health appearance, and boost your metabolism. Vitamin D will help you to get the nutrients from sunlight that you might not be receiving from spending time inside the chapter houses. 

3. Stay Hydrated

water, beer, iced water, ice, glass, water cup

Bring your water bottle with you to every round-- from all the talking and walking you will be doing, you will need to drink water as much as you can to stay hydrated. 

4. Bring Snacks

sweet, juice, vegetable
Hailey Maher

It is important to bring snacks with you every day. I would recommend bringing fruits, granola bars or anything healthy that will fill your tummy for a while.

You won't want to bring any junk food snacks like Doritos, Lays chips, or anything like that because you might catch a stomach ache while visiting houses. 

5. Eat healthy

Cooking, Healthy, homemade, Cucumber Avocado Salad, salad, Side Salad, avocado, pan-seared salmon, college life, dorm life
Amy Dong

For every meal, try to eat healthily, but don't forget to eat your necessary proteins for the day. Same as snacks, even though you desire it, try to abstain from junk food. You want to feel well every day to be able to make it through recruitment without having to miss a day of fun because you've gotten sick.

If you follow these five things, you should have the best formal recruitment season of your life! Try to stay healthy and active every day so you can enjoy talking to the sisters from every chapter on campus who are excited to meet you. 

gif
Taylor Kozloski

Happy recruitment season everyone!