Going to the gym can sometimes not feel like the most exciting activity in the world, but having good music makes the biggest difference. My workout time is usually where I listen to old school songs that I wouldn't normally listen to in my dorm room and they definitely pump me up! I am going to give you 5 songs that you need to listen to next time you hit the gym that will make your workout a bit less boring.

1. Never Close Our Eyes - Adam Lambert 

Adam Lambert is one of the best male singers I know because his powerhouse vocals have the ability to transform any song into an upbeat one. "Never Close Our Eyes" is more of an old school song and has a strong melody that matches perfectly with running strides or brisk walking. Lambert's songs are also usually 3-5 minutes which is longer than most songs making it great for interval workouts because you don't need to worry about changing the song.

2. We R Who We R - Ke$ha

"We R Who We R" by Ke$ha is the ultimate workout song that you have most likely heard on the radio five years ago. This tune has a hard yet catchy melody and serves as the perfect song for using a stair machine.

3. Rockstar - Hannah Montana

If you have never danced around your house to Hannah Montana, then a part of your childhood was missing. "Rockstar" brings your childish dreams to life and makes you want to be famous with fans screaming your name. This song is perfect for running if you want to pretend to be on stage performing in front of a venue full of fans.

4. 24/7 - Big Time Rush

This song will make you want to workout 24/7.... maybe not that much, but more than you would want to normally. This song has an upbeat melody and is great for brisk walking as the tempo varies numerous times throughout. 

5. Make It In America - Victoria Justice 

Victoria Justice released some great songs during her "Victorious" era including "Make it in America." This song will make you want to get up and just dance around with your best friends and make the most out of the day. This is another great tune for doing intervals because it has moments of both slow and fast pace.

Now that you have some more workout songs, stop reading this and head over to the gym and get your workout on!