Spoon University Logo
IMG 6303?width=734&height=489&fit=crop&auto=webp&dpr=4
IMG 6303?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp&dpr=4
Recipes

This 5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Dip Is Perfect For Game Day

Looking for a hassle-free appetizer for fall gatherings, tailgates and game days, or election night watch parties? This creamy, cheesy 5-ingredient Buffalo chicken dip is your new MVP. Forget complicated recipes and endless dishes — this crowd-pleaser comes together with just a handful of ingredients and minimal cleanup. Plus, it serves up to 10 people generously, and takes less than 10 minutes to prepare. Win-win. 

Tender shredded chicken gets tossed in a rich blend of cream cheese, tangy buffalo sauce, and melty cheese for a comforting hot appetizer with just enough kick. Plus, the recipe is extremely flexible, and customizable based on preferences. When it comes to the debate of light versus dark chicken meat, you get to choose. Don’t like spicy buffalo sauce? Use as much (or as little) as you’d like. Not a fan of blue cheese? Skip it! If you want, you can even substitute shredded cheddar for mozzarella or a Mexican blend. Plus, the fact that it’s made in just one baking dish means limited clean-up, and more time to hang with friends or watch the big game. 

#SpoonTip: If there are leftovers (which is unlikely), the dip can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days, and is easily reheated in the microwave. 

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 10 minutesCook time: 30 minutesTotal time: 40 minutesServings:8-10 servings

Instructions

1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
  2. Add cream cheese* and shredded chicken to a 9×13 inch baking dish. Next, drizzle roughly half of the buffalo sauce (~¼ cup, or adjust to taste) over the cheese and chicken, followed by ranch. Sprinkle 2 cups of cheddar (and ¼ cup of blue cheese, if desired) over the mixture and stir to combine, spreading mixture evenly throughout the dish.
  3. Bake for 15 minutes at 350°F.
  4. After the first 15 minutes, remove the dish from the oven and stir the mixture to redistribute. Add the remaining cheese (shredded and blue) and buffalo sauce. Place the dish back in the oven for additional 15-20 minutes, or until shredded cheese on top is golden brown. Garnish with green onions, and serve with tortilla chips, veggies, crackers, pita bread, pretzels, or even in a sandwich.

Notes

• *#SpoonTip: It helps to cut the cream cheese into 1-inch cubes to distribute throughout the dish for easier mixing.
Keywords:< 20 Minutes, < 5 Ingredients, Appetizer, Big Groups, Blue Cheese, Chicken, Cream Cheese, Game Day, Tailgate
Kennedy Dierks is a National Contributor at Spoon University, and chapter president of Spoon at Seton Hall University in New Jersey. She covers all things food and has a soft spot for pop-culture moments, product launches, and the occasional cocktail. Beyond Her Campus, Kennedy plans to pursue medicine and currently works as a medical assistant and clinical researcher. She has written for Teen Vogue, ABC News, and Girl’s Life Magazine, in addition to a number of academic and scholarly journals. She recently graduated from Seton Hall University, where she majored in Biology and Religious Studies while minoring in Art History. Kennedy is currently pursuing a Master’s Degree at Seton Hall’s College of Interprofessional Health Sciences. Kennedy is a Taylor Swift aficionado who is convinced that a New Jersey bagel makes everything better. In her free time, she can be found teaching spin classes at the gym, playing the guitar, designing art for her Redbubble shop, or roaming the aisles of Trader Joe’s looking for her new favorite product.