Going vegan can be extremely difficult—especially when it comes to giving up some of your favorite desserts. However, these truffles are vegan due to a secret ingredient: avocados. This may seem weird but, trust me, you won't be able to taste any avocado in this dessert. The avocado provides a healthier fat substitute for butter. Now let's cut the chitchat and make some delicious truffles.

Vegan Mint Chocolate Truffles

• Cook Time:0

• 1 ripe Avocado
  • 2.5 oz Dark Chocolate
  • 1/2 tsp. Peppermint Extract
  • 2 tbsp. Cocoa Powder
  • 1/8 tsp. Salt
  • 1/4 cup Crushed Candy Canes or Cocoa Powder for coating
oil, salt
Hana Baig

Scoop out the flesh from the avocado and mash until it becomes completely smooth. Doing this in a food processor is ideal, but if you don't have access to one, this can also be done using a fork. Make sure there are no lumps in the avocado.

cream, spinach, herb, vegetable
    Hana Baig

Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave at 20-second intervals until it's completely melted. Decrease the time to 5-10 seconds when it looks like the chocolate is almost melted and be sure to stir well after each interval.

pudding, goody, coffee, candy, cream, milk, sweet, chocolate
    Hana Baig

Pour the melted chocolate onto the mashed avocado and stir.

wasabi, avocado
    Hana Baig

Add the peppermint extract, cocoa powder, and salt. Stir well until everything is completely combined.

chocolate ice cream, ice, brownie, cream, coffee, chocolate
    Hana Baig

Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.

caramel, coffee, brownie, ice, ice cream, fudge, chocolate ice cream, cream, chocolate
    Hana Baig

Remove the bowl from the fridge and scoop out 1 spoon of the mixture. Roll it into a ball shape using your hands.

cream, coffee, cake, chocolate
    Hana Baig

Pour the crushed candy canes (if you like more mint flavour and sweetness) or cocoa powder (if you want it to taste more like chocolate and less sweet) into a bowl. Roll each of the balls in the powders and place onto wax or parchment paper.

cake, pumpkin, chocolate
    Hana Baig

Enjoy your truffles and store any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container.

cream, strawberry, sweet, cake, candy, chocolate
    Hana Baig

Once again, avocados save the day. These vegan truffles are the perfect party snack to bring without having to worry about whether there are guests who won't be able to eat them.