Ice cream is one of my favorite sweet treats but unfortunately, my body doesn't agree with that statement. For the past couple of years, I have tried to stay "mostly" dairy free and it hasn't been too hard–except for the summer months. When it gets hot, all I want is a refreshing and creamy ice cream sans the cream. 

Banana "nice" cream (an easy vegan substitute for homemade ice cream) was all the rage last summer, and for good reason, but I am getting slightly sick of bananas and have been in the mood for something a bit more tropical. 

When mangos were on sale (3 for $1!) at my local Sprouts Market, a light bulb went off in my head–"nice" cream with mangos instead of banana. Ingenious, if I say so myself.

Mango Coconut "Nice" Cream

• Prep Time:3 hrs
  • Total Time:3 hrs 5 mins

• 3 mangos
  • 1/2 can full fat coconut milk
Nikki D'Ambrosio

Cut two ripe mangos into cubes and freeze overnight.

mango, sweet, juice
    Lissane Kafie

Once frozen, add mango chunks to a food processor and add half the can of coconut milk. Blend until a creamy "ice cream" consistency. May have to stop and push down the sides if the mango is getting stuck.

Nikki D'Ambrosio

Once fully combined, cut the third mango and fold into "nice" cream. Serve immediately or freeze and save for later.

Nikki D'Ambrosio