Late drunken nights typically end with me falling into bed with an oversized box of pizza. There is no better time to eat greasy pizza than at 4 am, when all you want is cheesy comfort. Looking for a better way to end the night? Make my Smoky Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese instead.
This twist on buffalo chicken dip turns your favorite dip into a satisfying late-night meal that tastes good at all hours of the day.
Note: I used whole smoked chicken wings from Fat Head's Saloon (Pittsburgh, PA) in this recipe, but feel free to substitute with shredded rotisserie chicken or whatever else you have on hand. The bacon fat is also optional, but adds a ton of flavor and I highly recommend using it.
Smoky Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese
- Prep Time:5 mins
- Cook Time:10 mins
- Total Time:15 mins
- 2 slices bread about 1" thick
- 2 tablespoon salted butter
- 2 tablespoon solid bacon fat
- 2 tablespoon ranch or bleu cheese dressing
- 2 tablespoon hot sauce + cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chicken shredded
- 2-3 ounce thinly sliced or shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2-3 ounce thinly sliced or shredded smoked gouda cheese
- Sliced red onion optional