This simple and fresh corn pepper salsa is great for beginners of any age in the kitchen and is an open door to cooking other various recipes that are higher level. For those who want to eat healthier, this recipe is a simple way to get your servings of veggies and feel great too.

Easy and Fresh Corn Pepper Salsa

• 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2-3 bell peppers any color small or regular size
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/2 white onion
  • 1 ear yellow cornf the cob
  • Italian herb seasoning
chicken, paella, shrimp
Emily Sauchelli

Wash the peppers over a sink, making sure the stickers are off and there are no bruises. Also make sure a majority of the seeds are out as well.

chili, pepper, vegetable
    Emily Sauchelli

Rough chop the peppers into slightly bigger than bite size pieces and put to the side. Then dice the garlic and onion. Use either fresh or leftover corn, cutting it off of the cob.
    Leave chopped ingredients to one side.

salad
    Emily Sauchelli

Pour olive oil into a saute pan and let the pan heat up. Once the pan is hot enough, throw in the onions and garlic. Keep the pan on a medium flame.

onion, stir-fry, spatula, meat, vegetable, saute
    Emily Sauchelli

Throw in the peppers and saute until golden brown and tender, about 10-15 minutes. Add lemon juice for flavor and desired seasoning. I recommend McCormick's Italian Herb Grinder.

vegetable, pepper
    Emily Sauchelli

Lastly, toss in the loose corn. Stir the pan continuously until the corn is well mixed. It should only take a few minutes. Serve hot or cold.

pasta, stir-fry, pepper, meat, vegetable, saute
    Emily Sauchelli

Basic recipes like this one make lunch and dinner a breeze. The best part is you can put any extra corn and pepper salsa in a dish to save for the next few days.

Below you'll find other varieties that are sure to be a hit this summer in your kitchen.

http://spoonuniversity.com/recipe/rainbow-succotash

http://spoonuniversity.com/recipe/corn-salad-hummus-feta-peppers-chicken