When the leaves start to change and temperatures drop, many of us find ourselves craving warm spices and rich comfort foods. From lattes to pies, pumpkin seems to add a distinct flavor that perfectly compliments the crisp fall air. If you’re looking to add more pumpkin into your diet this season, try these easy pancakes for the perfect start to any fall day.
Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup milk
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
2. Whisk eggs, milk, pumpkin and vegetable oil.
3. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
4. Spoon batter onto an oiled griddle or pan, add chocolate chips and cook at medium high until edges are done and bubbles start to form. Flip pancake and finish cooking until both sides are a light golden brown.
5. Enjoy with toppings such as maple syrup, or butter and cinnamon sugar.