Everybody loves the classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but why not try something different? I'm making peanut butter and jelly into a muffin for those mornings that feel like lunchtime. The best part about this PB&J muffin recipe is that if you're a peanut butter over jelly lover, simply add less jelly. And if you're more into jelly than PB, you can fill the whole muffin with jelly if you'd like. YUM!

Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins

• 14 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter
  • 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour divided
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt divided
  • 1 large egg
  • 5/6 cup brown sugar divided
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
  • 9 oz berry preserves
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
cookie, cake, blueberry, chocolate
Casey Hack

In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 3/4 cups flour, baking soda, and 1/4 tsp salt. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the egg, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.

Place 6 tablespoons butter and peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir well until completely melted and mixed together.

Add the butter and peanut butter mixture to the wet ingredients and continue beating until well incorporated. Add the milk and yogurt and mix again.

With the mixer on low speed, slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. The batter will be very thick.

Divide the batter among the muffin tray so that each one is about 3/4 of the way full. Use your fingers to create a little well in the top of the muffin batter and place a dollop (about 1 tablespoon) of jelly into each one.

For the crumb topping, whisk together 1/3 cup brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 cup melted butter until smooth.

Then add 1 1/2 cups flour and use a wooden spoon or rubber spatula to fold in the flour until a paste-like dough results.

Crumble the mixture with your fingers and add a generous amount of crumbs to each muffin top, covering the jelly and pressing the crumbs down well so they stick to the batter.

Bake for 18-22 minutes at 350ºF, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.