I don't know about you guys, but I for one absolutely love fish tacos. Just ask my friends – that's just about the only thing I ever order at a Mexican restaurant. Don't get me wrong, I know there are a plethora of other dishes that I could try, but when it comes to Mexican food, I am relatively conservative in this respect.
While I am a fan of the fish tacos at Tacofino, as a self-proclaimed health-nut, I'm always on the lookout for a healthier alternative . Let me assure you that this recipe is healthy and delicious– I know, crazy right?
Word of caution – these tacos are addictive, so don't be surprised if you end up eating more than you thought you could, or decide to go on a Taco-Cleanse.
Fish Tacos With Cabbage Slaw
- Prep Time:20 mins
- Cook Time:25 mins
- Total Time:45 mins
- 1 pound firm white fish such as tilapia mahi-mahi or cod
- 2 medium limes halved
- 1 small garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 small head red or green cabbage
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 6-8 soft corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil plus more for the pan
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Guacamole optional
- Lime wedges for serving
I promise you, these tacos are going to look Instagram-worthy, so start taking out those cameras and phones and get ready to take some pictures. Better yet, share it on Instagram with your local Spoon Chapter.