This easy and quick recipe will impress not only whoever you make it for (no judgement if it's yourself), but also you as well. You'll be so shocked that you're such a great baker that you might just sign up to go on Cupcake Wars.

Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes

• 3 tablespoons butter or 2.5 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup dark cocoa powder
  • 1 and 1/3 cups flour
  • pinch salt
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 jar Nutella
  • 1 can frosting chocolate or vanilla your choice!
  • cupcake liners and pans
  • Frozen Ferrero Rocher candies
goody, cake, cream, candy, sweet, chocolate
Julia Khval

Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a muffin pan or baking pan with cupcakes liners. While we wait, we mix together the dry ingredients: cocoa powder, baking powder, flour, and sugar. If you you feel like making cupcakes from scratch takes too long or is too much work, you can use any chocolate cake mix and get cupcakes that are just as good. Follow the instructions on the box and skip to the step where we insert the Ferrero Rocher candy inside.

chocolate, coffee, tea
    Julia Khval

Next, we mix the rest of our ingredients together in a separate bowl: milk, butter (or oil if you want to be healthier), vanilla extract/yogurt, and eggs.

milk, coffee, sweet, cereal, chocolate
    Julia Khval

Combine both sets of ingredients and mix well.

brownie, fudge, chocolate
    Julia Khval

Fill your cupcake liners about half to three quarters of the way with your cake batter, and place a Ferrero Rocher candy in the middle.

butter, peanut, peanut butter, chocolate
    Julia Khval

Fill the rest of your cupcake liners with your batter and make sure to cover the candy. Then place the pan in the oven and wait 20-22 minutes. To find out if its ready, poke a cupcake with a toothpick. If it's ready, the toothpick will come out clean, and your kitchen will be smelling delicious.

fudge, butter, peanut, chocolate, peanut butter
    Julia Khval

Take your cupcakes out of the oven, and as they cool, prepare your frosting. Mix 1 part Nutella with 1 part icing, or create your own frosting creation depending on how much you love Nutella. When the cupcakes cool, frost them and put a Ferrero Rocher on top for garnish if you'd like.

mint, cream, cookie, chocolate
    Julia Khval
Julia Khval

Voilà! Your own beautiful Ferrero Rocher cupcakes!