Hellooooo morning people (and afternoon people). It's time for a breakfast recipe that will make your day fabulous and keep you full until the next snack time between classes.  

My dad would make me an egg sandwich on the early mornings when I was dashing off to practice or an important interview. It always helped me feel settled, grounded, and a little like I had my life together. I make it for myself now when I have a big test and it really makes a difference (dads know best).

sandwich, cheese, wheat, bacon, bread
Taylor Villanueva

The beauty of this recipe is that it can totally be customized with your favorite add-ons, and changed to suit your protein preferences, cravings, or the current lunar cycle. Enjoy!  

Great Day Egg Sandwich

• 1 egg
  • 1 English muffin
  • 1 tomato
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon goat cheese
  • Salt
  • Pepper
egg, beer
Taylor Villanueva

Pop that English muffin in the toaster.

bread, wheat, flour, rye, cereal
    Taylor Villanueva

Fire up the stove top on medium heat and pour a little olive oil in the frying pan. Crack the egg into the pan.

egg
    Taylor VIllanueva

Slice tomato and set aside.

vegetable
    Taylor VIllanueva

While the egg is frying, grab the English muffin from the toaster and smear about a tablespoon of goat cheese on one side. The warmth of the muffin will melt the cheese. Arrange the tomato on top of the cheese.

dairy product, cheese, bread
    Taylor VIllanueva

Check on your egg in the pan and add salt or pepper to taste. Utilize my father's favorite cooking advice: Watch your fire. Or, in my case, my sad, unreliable electric stove.

egg, egg yolk, dairy product, butter, fried egg, cream, milk, sweet
    Taylor VIllanueva

When the egg is done to your liking, bring it on over to the party and add it to the sandwich.

cream, dairy product, cake, sweet
    Taylor Villanueva

Put the two amazing halves together to create your dream morning sandwich.

cake, cream
    Taylor VIllanueva

Enjoy!

sandwich, cheese, bread
sandwich, cheese, bacon
Taylor Villanueva

And there it is, your ticket to a great day in a sandwich rich with protein and adult feelings. Live long and prosper, my friends.