Just because the holiday season is ending doesn't mean your cartons of leftover eggnog need to be poured down the sink. Eggnog is a classic holiday season staple. If you don't feel like drinking the rest of your nog, try adding it to at recipe. There are plenty of possible foods to incorporate eggnog into, but these truffles are by far the easiest. 

Eggnog Truffles

• 1 cup + 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup eggnog
  • 2 1/2 cups + 1/4 cup crushed vanilla sandwich cookies
meringue, milk, chocolate, dairy product, cream

Gather up all the ingredients for the truffles.

corn, milk, wheat, cereal
    Caroline Ingalls

Crush vanilla sandwiches cookies. Separate 1/4 of the mixture to use as a garnish later.

flour, sweet, milk, wheat, cereal
    Caroline Ingalls

Microwave 1 cup of white chocolate chips with eggnog for a minute and a half, stirring at 30 second intervals. Add the crushed cookies to the bowl.

Caroline Ingalls

Combine the crushed cookies with the eggnog and chocolate, mixing throughly. Place the mixture in the freezer for about 20 minutes.

Caroline Ingalls

Roll the dough into equally sized truffles and place on parchment paper. Freeze for about 15 minutes.

cookie, cereal, bread rolls, sweet, wheat, pastry, bread, flour, dough
    Caroline Ingalls

Microwave the other 1 1/2 cups of white chocolate chips for a minute and a half, stirring every 30 seconds. Dip the truffles into the melted chocolate and place back on the parchment paper.

flour, dough, candy, pastry, chocolate, dairy product, sweet
    Caroline Ingalls

Immediately garnish with the leftover cookie crumbles. Wait until the coating sets then enjoy!

chocolate, dairy product, ice, ice cream, cream
    Caroline Ingalls