1. Mini Caprese Bagel Sandwiches
I have two words for you: cheese and bread, ‘nuff said. These Mini Caprese Bagel Sandwiches are even better than the classic Caprese Salad because they have the added carbs to keep you full for your late night studies. Just layer mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, and balsamic on a mini bagel, and you instantly have this delicious dinner.
Mini Caprese Bagel Sandwiches
- Prep Time:10 mins
- Cook Time:10 mins
- Total Time:20 mins
- 8 Plain or Whole Wheat Mini Bagels
- 4 ounces Spring Mix
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 8 ounces Fresh Mozzarella sliced
- red onion sliced
- 8 teaspoons Light Balsamic Vinaigrette
Slice bagels in half and layer lettuce, tomato, mozzarella, onion, and balsamic vinaigrette.
2. Chicken Sandwich TacosTrying to take a fast trip to avocado heaven? Make these Chicken Sandwich Tacos to satisfy your daily chips and guac craving.
Chicken Sandwich Tacos
- Prep Time:10 mins
- Cook Time:20 mins
- Total Time:30 mins
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- 4 fresh chicken
- 1 avocado
- 2 teaspoons plain nonfat yogurt
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Skinnys
- 1 stalk celery diced
Dredge chicken tenders in honey and mustard mixture, and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake in a 350°F oven for 10 minutes, flip tenders, and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, smash avocado thoroughly with a fork, and then add any additional yogurt, salt, or pepper to taste.
Separate sandwich skinnys to make 4 pieces of bread, and add avocado mixture and celery strips to the thin slices. Top with cooled chicken tenders and fold sides towards center to form the taco.
3. CrostiniLooking to impress your roommates, friends, or special someone? Nothing screams fancy like goat cheese, so try this simple but extremely easy recipe to impress the whole squad.
Crostini with Mushrooms and Goat Cheese
- Prep Time:5 mins
- Cook Time:18 mins
- Total Time:23 mins
- 1 French baguette sliced into 24 slices
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 ounces plain goat cheese room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons lemon zest
- 1½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground sea salt divided
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper divided
- 16 ounces baby bella cremini mushrooms sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves finely chopped
Brush baguette slices on both sides with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and bake for 10 minutes at 350°F, turning halfway through, or until crispy. Once removed from oven, rub each piece with a clove of garlic for added flavor.
Mix the goat cheese with lemon zest, lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a separate bowl and set aside.
In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, heat remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil until it simmers. Then add mushrooms and stir frequently.
Once the mushrooms absorb the oils, add butter, minced garlic, thyme, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper to the pan, and continue to cook 2-3 minutes longer. Cook until mushrooms are browned and liquid is almost all gone.
Spread each toasted baguette with a thin layer of the goat cheese mixture, and then top them off with the finely chopped mushrooms.
Disclaimer: ALDI kindly gave me a gift card to purchase these ingredients free of charge. All opinions are my own!