Although we all love those long summer days spent lounging on the beach and sipping ice cold lemonade, it has come time to say farewell to the luxury that is summer. But not to worry. As our summer dreams start to fade, there are a few fall foods that will make the transition to scarves, sweaters, and all-nighters a bit easier.

1. Funnel Cake

sweet, pastry, dough, bread, pretzel, cookie, candy, cake, chocolate, beignets, doughnut
Jennifer Nigro

With fall comes football season, and that means one thing—fried foods are everywhere. My personal favorite game day treat is the heaven that is funnel cake. There is nothing better after sitting on those cold bleachers for three hours than a hot, sticky, styrofoam plate of fried dough coated in powdered sugar.

2. Vegetarian Chili

chili, corn, beans, pepper, salsa, vegetable
Erica Sloan

Red, orange, yellow—sound like fall? Well, this vegetarian chili practically looks like autumn with all these colorful ingredients.

3. Broccoli Cheddar Soup

soup, cream, bread, vegetable, parsley, broccoli, garlic, broth
Parisa Soraya

That's right people, with hot summer days behind us that only means one thing: soups are back. I'm talking all your favorites to make the chill of autumn melt away. Broccoli may not be the tastiest food on the planet, but put it in this broccoli cheddar soup and it will blow your taste buds away. 

4. Turkey Chili

vegetable, meat
Stephanie Cozza

When you're dreaming of that Turkey Day dinner and realize it's only October, give this turkey chili a go. Whether at a tailgate or fresh off of the stove, you are guaranteed to be impressed. 

5. Pumpkin Spice Latte

cream, chocolate, sweet, cake, whipped cream, milk, candy, goody, dairy product, pastry
Sydney Gabel

Try to stay calm as I blow your mind. With this recipe, you can make the ultimate fall drink all on your own. Try this do-it-yourself Pumpkin Spice Latte at home.

6. Banana Cream Pie

cheese

Banana cream pie is perfect for when you don't want to admit you're having dessert. I mean, it does have pieces of fruit in it so it's guilt-free. 

7. Tortellini Soup

vegetable, soup, pasta, meat, tortellini, broth
Caroline Grew

Someone hold me back, because now that it's soup season there's nothing keeping me from going after my favorite soup of all time, tortellini soup.

8. Hot Chocolate

cream, coffee, soup, chocolate, pudding, milk
Natsuko Mazany

Thank goodness! After months without what is arguably one of the best drinks known to man, the season of hot chocolate has arrived. Take a break from the stresses of school and let this recipe melt the midterm madness away.

9. Chili Mac 'N Cheese

Maxwell Faucher

Feeling adventurous?  Up your chili game by combining it with mac 'n cheese, creating this one-of-a-kind treat. If you haven't thought of mixing two of the greatest foods on earth together, then you're doing it all wrong. 

10. Mint Cookies 'N Cream Brownie Pie

chocolate, brownie, cake, cream, cookie
Wendy Zhou

Mint, brownies, and cookies 'n cream? Who knew one pie could hold so many of our favorites. This mint brownie pie is the perfect warmup for all the candy canes you'll be eating soon. 

11. Carrot Soup

soup, pumpkin, squash, cream
Elizabeth Layman

Finally, a way to give carrots some flavor. This carrot soup is so good you'll forget the rumor that too much of the main ingredient will turn your skin orange. 

12. Frozen Hot Chocolate

chocolate, coffee, milk, cream, ice, mocha, milkshake
karina rao

For all you chocolate fanatics out there that aren't quite ready for the heat of hot chocolate, check out this frozen hot chocolate.  It's sure to knock your socks off. 

13. Lemon Meringue Pie

cream, sweet, cake, dairy product, milk

Lemon meringue is a classic and is the perfect pie no matter what season it is, so dig in! 

14. French Onion Soup

french onion soup, soup, onion, bread
Kennedy Choi

Want some extra credit for that French class you're drowning in? Try out this recipe for a bit of cultural inversion, and who knows, maybe your professor will want some too.

15. Pumpkin Pie

pie, crust, peanut, pumpkin, peanut butter
Cate Bonner

In my house, Nana's homemade pumpkin pie is the only pie we ever eat and the only dessert we ever want. We use Thanksgiving as an excuse to have this pie. The pumpkin flavor itself is iconic to the season of autumn, and there is no food that it tastes better in than pumpkin pie. Top it with a bit of Cool Whip and you have yourself the ultimate fall treat.

Whether it's a warm bowl of soup or a slice of pumpkin pie after a cool, fall day, these foods make saying goodbye to summer simple. Yes, it marks the end of late night ice cream trips and walks on the beach, but these delicious treats make it just a little easier to fade into the fall semester and return to late night pizza trips and walks to the dining hall.