Whenever I talk about my favorite ice cream shops, I always talk about the ice cream. But what I soon noticed after visiting many ice cream shops in NYC is that I was drawn to them because of the ice cream cones, not the actual ice cream. There are tons of popular ice cream shops that are not only popular for their ice cream, but also how they are presented. A unique cone creates an original presentation, and in a society constantly posting on social media, people are drawn to presentation and photo-worthy treats. These six places are worth a visit, not only because of their ice cream, but also because of their cone. Really, who doesn't want a churro ice cream cone?

ChikaLicious Dessert Bar

Somehow ChikaLicious tastes even better than it looks. They serve different flavored churro ice cream cones. Plus, the churro cone is durable and delicious. 

Emack and Bolios

One of the original creators of hybrid ice cream cones, Emack and Bolios, has come up with crazy marshmallow cones covered with treats like Oreos and Fruity Pebbles. 

Ample Hills Creamery

Ample Hills serves up some unique ice cream flavors in some pretty cool cones. They have cookie and pretzel cones, along with cones from the Konery.

Eggloo

chocolate, cream, ice, chocolate ice cream, ice cream, goody
Hannah Freiberg

Eggloo is another place to add to your NYC bucket list. They serve Hong Style Waffles wrapped around ice cream with unlimited toppings. 

Taiyaki NYC 

There has been a lot of talk and Instagram posts about Taiyaki NYC. This ice cream shop is known for their soft serve in fish- shaped Japanese waffle cones. 

The Konery

Although they don't have their own storefront, the Konery has colorful cones. They come in flavors such as birthday cake and red velvet and can be found in stores across the country.

Although ice cream is still delicious, the cone needs a little more love. I can't wait to see what new cone hybrid will pop up in NYC. But for now, I will be out there trying all of these cones (and ice cream).