In the past year, we've seen the avocado rise to the top among matcha, poké, and turmeric. However, the avocado trend is still gaining popularity and doesn't seem to be leaving the menus soon. It’s healthy and yet ever-so-slightly indulgent. On Instagram alone, the search term #avocadotoast has over 100,000 posts. You could say that finding who has the best avocado toast has become a factor to help you decide where you'll brunch next.

The avocado trend hasn't been so popular in Europe until recently with Amsterdam deciding to open a new sensational concept: The Avocado Show. Europe's first ever restaurant with an all-avocado menu. Launching in February 2017, this will be perfect for anyone who is ready to eat plenty of avocados in all forms and shapes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 

But until then, we're still going to be looking for the best hotspots to help us get our avocado fix. Make sure to check out these nine spots with the best avocado toast suitable for vegan, vegetarians, flexitarians, pescetarians, you name it. Everyone deserves an avocado toast.

1. Coffee and Coconuts

At Coffee and Coconuts, you find yourself in a beautiful decorated place with a summer feel to it. You can find the famous avocado toast with an interesting twist of miso paste, feta, and olives.

2. Cotton Cake

At Cotton Cake, it’s not only the healthy sandwiches, salads, juices, and coffee that make you hungry, but also the beautiful aesthetic and interior items make your mouth water. Their recent addition to the menu includes spelt waffles with avocado and smoked salmon. 

3. Bar Basquait

Bar Basquait is a hip bohemian creative hotspot in the corner of the Java Street in the Amsterdam Oost. Though there is no solid avocado toast on the menu, you can add it as your topping on a toast with scrambled eggs or Florentine eggs. 

4. The Meets

Go to The Meets for delicious medium-sized dishes that are perfect for sharing. It is another health hotspot in de Pijp that also has an eye for the vegan lifestyle. 

5. Bagels and Beans

As the name suggests, Bagels and Beans serve really fresh bagels with tons of options such as sesame, plan white, spelt, or oat bagels. 

#SpoonTip: Always ask for an avocado as an extra topping!

6. G's

Go to G's in the Jordaan area for their boat brunches and enjoy the best of the Amsterdam canals while drinking Bloody Mary's with great food. They also have another spot in Amsterdam East that is open from Wednesday to Sunday. 

7. Metropolitan

Located in the center of Amsterdam, Metropolitan offers some very delicious and affordable sandwiches, salads and sweet snacks during the day.

8. Le Pain Quotidien

Le Pain Quotidien is a famous international chain of bakery-restaurants. Apart from their tartines (open faced sandwiches) they've got croissants, porridge, fruit, salads, eggs Benedict—nothing is missing from this avocado-loving hotspot. 

9. Lavinia GoodFood

At this all-day brunch hotspot, you can get the tastiest and healthiest meals. Lavinia Good Food is open from 7:30 am, so you can go for a breakfast meeting or a wake-up coffee call if you need one. 

Even when Amsterdam gets blessed with the grand opening of The Avocado Show, there's no reason not to continue the search for the best avocado toast. Just think, when everyone will be lining up for them, that means more avo-toast for you somewhere else.