The Freedom Trail is Boston's go-to attraction. Visitors time travel back to the American Revolution as they explore the city. The 2.5-mile trek works up quite an appetite, however. These restaurants are perfect for for when you need a "history break" while walking the Freedom Trail.

Boston Common/The State House: Dunkin' Donuts

We have all heard "America Runs On Dunkin'," but this is especially true of Boston. It's the only authentic way to begin your morning.

What to order: A cup of coffee to keep your energy up and a Boston Kreme donut

Park Street Church/Granary Burying Ground: Yvonne's

Dressed to impress in a 200 year-old building, Yvonne's fits perfectly into a day full of history. With a sexy "speakeasy" vibe, you're basically learning about prohibition. Basically.

What to order: The chicken and quinoa meatballs. Truly, though, all of their "social plates" are painfully addictive and perfect for sharing with your adventure crew. 

King's Chapel and Burying Ground: The Oceanaire

No visit to Boston is complete without seafood. Oceanaire only uses fresh and sustainable seafood, and you can taste the difference.

What to order: The sherried lobster bisque and the jumbo lump crab cake. If you want the real local experience, try the baked Massachusetts Haddock "ritzy."

Ben Franklin Statue/Latin School: Sweet

#SpoonTip: Boston's favorite cupcake shop updates their Twitter account daily with news on seasonal flavors, special deals, and other sweet delights.

What to order: The Boston cream pie cupcake, of course.

Old Corner/Old South: Ogawa Coffee

Enjoy a cup of  tea while you explore the Old South Meeting House, where the Boston Tea Party was planned.

What to order: Ogawa's lunch box of assorted tea sandwiches provides the perfect snack to enjoy your tea with.

Old State House/Faneuil: Saus

Saus's two specialties are Belgian waffles and pommes frites. This combo may sound bizarre, but trust us: it works.

What to order: Crispy, addictive pommes frites with several of their 15 different dipping sauces.

Paul Revere House: Giacomo's

Located in the North End (Boston's Little Italy), this restaurant is dubbed the best Italian food in Boston. The menu features a long list of pastas, meats, and sauces allowing endless combinations. Swing by an ATM beforehand, because they only accept cash.

What to order: Any of the pastas. 

Old North Church/Copp's Hill: Bova's Bakery

Everybody knows Mike's Pastry and Modern Pastry, but Bova's Bakery is a lesser known gem in the North End. Its covert status keeps away the long lines that characterize those two North End giants.

What to order: Try one of their unique desserts, like the rocky road brownie or Oreo brick.

USS Constitution/Bunker Hill Monument: Warren Tavern

Congrats, you made it! You definitely deserve a drink. Warren's Tavern is the oldest tavern in Massachusetts and allows you to indulge in some classic pub food and beer while still feeling colonial.

What to order: The lobster roll, another true Boston classic. And a pint, of course.