Utah sodies — extravagant sodas with added flavors, creamers, and toppings — are making the rounds on TikTok right now, thanks to a viral video by Utah native and former soda shop worker @TaylorBlender. In the TikTok, Taylor pokes fun at those who put “milk in their Diet Coke” before giving a brief rundown on what a “dirty soda” is, and why you can’t quite knock it ‘til you try it.

Soda shops are extremely popular in Utah, a heavily Mormon state, and often serves as a replacement for those who do not drink coffee or tea due to religious beliefs. While Mormons can consume caffeine, the LDS Church has prohibited hot caffeinated drinks. So, instead of tricking out a latte with flavored syrups at a café, folks (Mormon or not!) can customize their fizzy beverages at soda shops with creamers, sweeteners, whipped cream, candy, and more.

Ellen Paul.

With tea and coffee out of the question, many tired students and parents turn to “Utah soda” or “dirty soda” for a caffeine fix. In her TikTok, Taylor said that she would often open the shop to moms waiting in the parking lot to get their exhausted hands on a sodie. Samantha Durfey, who lives in St. George, Utah, told the New York Times that the church’s 2012 clarification on caffeine has given many Mormons the freedom to indulge in a pick-me-up similar to a lavish Starbucks latte or a trendy Dunkin’ concoction. Plus, given that many Mormons abstain from alcohol, these soda shops can also serve as spots to hang out after school, unwind, or even go on dates.

It’s almost impossible to go anywhere in Utah without seeing a soda shop – TikTok user @hunterkailey says there’s ten shops within ten minutes of her house – including major chains such as Swig, Fiiz, Sodalicious, Thirst, and Twisted Sugar, with some chains offering locations in neighboring states as well. Soda shop offerings vary from store to store, but they always include brand name soda, energy drink bases, flavored syrups, fruit purées, and dairy products like creamer and half-and-half. Even pop star Olivia Rodrigo has been spotted toting a styrofoam cup from Swig.

Utah natives maintain that sodies are a staple in their state, and since Taylor’s original video went viral, creators across the country are now ordering their own Utah sodies at chain restaurants such as Sonic or even making their own at home.

Here’s a list of 46 sodie recipes to order at your local soda shop or to recreate at home.

Drinks Made with Sprite

1. Mean Chick

Add cotton candy syrup and half-and-half to a Sprite, then top with whipped cream, sprinkles, and marshmallow Peeps.

2. Pink Cupcake

For a baked goods taste, take Sprite, add cupcake and cream syrup, vanilla syrup, and strawberry purée.

3. Hula Girl

You can’t go wrong with tropical fruit. Mix in lemonade, coconut cream, and mango, pineapple, and strawberry syrups to your Sprite. Easy peasy.

4. Saturday Night Swing

Mix strawberry and banana syrups with pineapple juice and coconut cream into your Sprite for a tropical sodie. Name a more iconic duo of duos, I’ll wait.

5. Poppin’ Pineapple

Make your Sprite, well, pop, by adding pineapple and watermelon syrups with strawberry popping pearls.

6. Shark Attack

Mix Sprite and lemonade, add blue raspberry syrup, and top with a gummy shark. We’re gonna need a bigger cup.

7. Rubber Ducky

Rubber ducky, you’re the one! And so is this sodie made with Sprite, blue raspberry syrup, and of course, a floating yellow Peep.

8. Kermie

To upgrade your Sprite, mix in green apple and kiwi syrups and top with whipped cream and a gummy frog. 

9. Loop-T-Loop

Ah, the flavors of summer. Mix strawberry, lemon, and peach syrups into Sprite for a refreshing drink.

10. Lucky Charm

Who says the luck o’ the Irish is limited to March? This sodie made of Sprite mixed with passion fruit and green apple syrups and topped with whipped cream and rainbow gummies belongs at the end of the rainbow.

Dirty Diet Coke Drinks

11. Big Al

Arguably the one that started it all, and the sodie making the rounds on TikTok thanks to its simple replication. Try the Big Al at home by mixing Diet Coke, lime, and Coconut Crème coffee creamer.

12. This Bliss

Get festive by mixing cranberry juice and lime juice (or syrups) into Diet Coke.

13. Diet Coke + Salted Caramel Creamer

This one may not have a special name, but it’s a simple sodie that gives ALL the cream soda vibes.

Coca-Cola Sodies

14. Waikiki

Visit the beaches of Hawaii without leaving your kitchen — just mix pineapple juice and coconut cream into a Coke.

15. Just Peachy

Add pineapple and lime juices, peach purée, and coconut cream with Coke for this summer-y sip.

16. Sun Devil

This hot and spicy sodie is made with Coke, cinnamon syrup, and grenadine, and topped with maraschino cherries.

17. I Love Lucy

I Love Lucy, and this Coke made with cranberry syrup, raspberry purée, and cream.

18. Captain Morgan

Argh, matey. Make a sodie fit for a pirate by mixing pear juice into Coke with the desired amount of cream.

19. Salted Caramel Tiki

Upgrade your pina colada by mixing coconut, pineapple, and salted caramel syrups into Coke.

Energy Drinks + Soda Recipes 

20. Polar Punch

A blended energy drink with blackberry, raspberry, strawberry, ginger ale and vanilla cream.

21. Daisy Duke

Amp up your Mountain Dew with Swig’s Reviver Energy drink, pineapple juice, strawberry purée, and coconut cream.

22. Cloud 9

Reviver and Mountain Dew are mixed with coconut, pineapple, and blueberry syrups and topped with half-and-half in this heavenly sodie.

23. Mountain Man

Get ready for a climb with a Mountain Dew base mixed with Reviver, plus blackberry and coconut syrups, fresh lime juice, and half-and-half.

24. Huckle Star

An upgraded Rockstar rather than a true sodie, the Huckle Star from Twisted Sugar features a Lemonade Rockstar mixed with extra lemonade and huckleberry syrup, plus coconut cream.

25. The Alexa

This Rockstar/Mountain Dew combo gets a tropical upgrade thanks to mango, pineapple, coconut, and lime syrups.

Mountain Dew Sodies

26. Beach Babe

Kick back and relax with a Mountain Dew mixed with peach and raspberry syrups and vanilla cream.

27. Endless Summer

Keep the summer vibes all year round by adding pomegranate, grapefruit, and lime juices to your Mountain Dew.

28. Guava Have It!

Add guava and strawberry syrups and coconut cream to your Mountain Dew. You’ve guava be kidding me.

29. Watermelon Sugar

I don’t know if I could ever go without this dirty Mountain Dew mixed with mango and watermelon juices and coconut cream with passion fruit flavored popping pearls.

Dr. Pepper Sodies

30. Dirty Dr. Pepper

A simple dirty soda for Dr. Pepper lovers: just mix a can of DP with coconut creamer.

31. Raspberry Dream

A simple upgrade to a Dirty Dr. Pepper includes raspberry purée in addition to coconut cream.

32. Spring Fling

If you’re not a fan of berries, don’t fret. Add an extra bit of vanilla syrup to your Dr. Pepper and coconut cream.

33. Naughty & Nice

Forget cookies and milk, Santa prefers a sodie made with Dr. Pepper, English Toffee syrup, and half-and-half.

34. Truly Scrumptious

Keep the Christmas spirit bright by mixing Dr. Pepper with vanilla and gingerbread syrups, brown sugar, and cinnamon.

35. Beauty School Dropout

Like a lava flow, in soda form. Mix Dr. Pepper with coconut and pineapple syrups, strawberry purée, cream, and top it with whipped cream.

36. Dracula’s Kiss

Luckily, this sodie doesn’t include garlic — just Dr. Pepper, mixed with white chocolate syrup and cream.

37. Eye of the Tiger

Arguably the best flavor of Hawaiian shaved ice, this Dr. Pepper sodie is made with vanilla, and tiger’s blood syrups, plus cream.

38. Life’s a Peach

This peachy keen sodie is made with Dr. Pepper, vanilla and peach syrups, and half-and-half.

39. The Dean

A creamy, fruity, tropical Dr. Pepper made with coconut, vanilla, salted caramel syrups, strawberry purée, and cream.

Root Beer-Based Sodies

40. Buttery Beer

This sodie, which is made with root beer, butterscotch syrup, and vanilla crème, can be enjoyed by muggles and wizards alike.

41. Happy Camper

You’ll want s’more of this sodie, which is root beer mixed with toasted marshmallow syrup and half-and-half.

42. Brown Cow

This simple sodie features vanilla syrup and plain cream mixed with root beer, and topped with a chocolate Milano cookie.

43. Wiggly Worm

Like a Cup O’ Dirt, but in sodie form. Mix root beer with grenadine and top it with whipped cream and a gummy worm.

Dirty Sparkling Water Drinks

44. Pretty in Pink

Upgrade your sparkling water with guava, grapefruit, and orange juices.

45. The Fighter (Sparkling)

Sweet, tart, and super refreshing, this sparkling water is upgraded with vanilla, peach, and pineapple syrups, lime juice, and raspberry purée.

46. Strawberry Breeze

This dirty sparkling water is reminiscent of the iconic Pink Drink from Starbucks, featuring sparkling water, vanilla syrup, strawberry purée, frozen strawberries, and coconut cream.