When we think of food being beautiful or eye-catching, we think of elaborate plating or inventive food combinations, like the colorful acai bowls or Fruity Pebble-covered churros on our Instagram feeds. Photographer and food stylist Lucia Litman takes a much more stripped-down approach. With the hashtag #pantoneposts, she pairs foods with Pantone shades and deconstructs popular food combinations into their own Pantone swatches.

The result is beautiful and satisfying, a breath of fresh air among the increasingly cluttered and elaborate food photos that are dominating Instagram. Litman’s refreshingly simple photos remind us that all food can be beautiful and Insta-worthy, not just the fish-shaped ice cream cones and Black Tap milkshakes (but don’t get me wrong – those are great, too). You can see Litman’s stunning photos on her Instagram page, @lucialitman. Keep scrolling to see some of her prettiest #pantoneposts.

1. Pizza, Deconstructed

pantone

Photo courtesy of @lucialitman on Instagram

Here’s proof that pizza looks delicious in every shape or form it could possibly come in.

2. Pretty Pantry Findings

pantone

It’s incredible what gems you can find in your own kitchen pantry – like the pink salt and hibiscus powder in this photo.

3. Nice and Toasty

pantone

Now you can tell your friends that you like your marshmallow “Pirate Black.” Or maybe you prefer “Winter Wheat” when making your perfect s’more.

4. Toast Six Ways

pantone

A reminder that a classic like jelly on toast can be just as Insta-worthy as avocado toast.

5. Donuts…Enough Said

pantone

Who knew that donuts could match up with some of the prettiest Pantone shades ever?

6. *Beers Clinking Emoji*

pantone

Beer gets a pretty bad rap for its yellow and brown hues, but this layout of mason jar beers and their corresponding Pantone shades show it in all its rich and colorful glory.

7. A Citrus Rainbow

pantone

Can you paint with all the colors of citrus? Looks like the answer is yes.