You can probably think of a handful of times when you were running late for work or school and didn't have time to make breakfast. When you look around and see nothing worth eating, you suddenly find a granola bar - the perfect on-the-go breakfast. But you don't know if it's healthy. Some granola bars are healthy - but what exactly are the healthiest granola bars? 

If you're like me, then granola bars are a staple part of your diet. They work perfect for a snack when your caught waiting for your next meal. You want this snack to be healthy, and trust me, so do I. So here's some healthy granola bars that your going to want to add to your grocery list. 

1. Annie's Granola Bars 

These organic bars are perfect for any occasion. They come in a variety of flavors and are low on the calories. They're sweet enough to satisfy your sweet tooth craving without packing in too much added sugars. You'll also be getting some protein and fiber, don't mind if I do. 

2. Larabars  

Larabars are great for breakfast or as a mid-afternoon snack. The main ingredient in each flavor of this granola bar is dates - giving them a unique yet delicious flavor. Each bar is packed with protein and fiber that will keep your stomach satisfied. Some flavors are higher in sugar than others, so make sure to check the nutrition label if you're curious. 

3. KIND Bars 

The KIND brand prides itself in using real ingredients that its customers will enjoy. With all the different fruit and nut combinations, there's something for every picky eater to enjoy. Not only that, but you'll be getting a protein-packed treat. It'll taste so sweet you'll think it's filled with so many added sugar. 

4. RXBAR 

If you want to know what goes into each of these RX bars, just look right on the packaging. There's no added sugar and each bar contains 12 grams of protein - I'd say that's pretty amazing. Plus, these bars are dairy-, gluten-, and soy-free which makes them perfect for anyone with certain dietary restrictions

5. CLIF Bars 

If you want a granola bar that's going to provide you a little more fuel for a workout, then CLIF bars are perfect for you. They're filled with protein, fiber and carbs to sustain any workout and give you energy to complete whatever you start. Just grab a flavor and go - and don't forget to try the nut butter filled ones. 

6. Health Warrior Chia Bars 

You might not have heard of this brand before, but you'll be glad you did. These granola bars are just what you've been looking for. With only 100 calories per bar, they're packed with protein, fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. And you'll be glad to know that it has half the sugar as most other granola bars. 

7. Simple Squares Organic Nutrition Bars 

With these granola bars, the name says it all. This brand wants you to eat clean, so it made these bars to help you do so. There's only five ingredients that you'll be able to pronounce and recognize as soon as you read them. Not to mention there's 6 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber - I'd say that's pretty good. 

8. Zing Bars 

Zing bars contain everything you need to be fueled and focused for your workout. There's healthy fats, protein, prebiotic fibers, and carbs (but not too many). Each bar has 10-11 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber to keep you on your toes. What more could you ask for? 

9. NuGo Bars 

NuGo bars are perfect for breakfast, lunch, or even as a snack before your morning run. There's a flavor for everyone - and they'll definitely want to keep buying more. These bars are high in protein, are gluten-free and are high in important vitamins. You'd be crazy not to try one. 

No matter when you like to eat granola bars, there's always something for you. Some of the healthiest granola bars are the tastiest, so now you'll have to try them for yourself and see what you think.