People typically prefer sweet desserts over savory ones. Personally, my go-to dessert is anything chocolate related. But sometimes you just have to change your attitude, and once you try these savory dessert recipes, you'll never want to go back to those heavy, sugary desserts.

These recipes might truly have you questioning why you ever ate sugar in the first place. The greatest part about these desserts is that you can eat them any time of day and not feel weird about it. It's incredible.

1. Carrot Cake Oatmeal 

rice, oatmeal, porridge, cereal
Kristine Mahan

Want to eat dessert for breakfast? This tangy oatmeal (with a crunch) will bring you so much joy in the morning. 

2. Ube Ice Cream

This beautiful desert adds a pop of color (and vegetable!) to your post-dinner treat. The creamy recipe will make you obsessed with Ube.

3. Monkey Bread

cheese, bread
Robert Arrasate

The best part about this Monkey Bread is that you can pull off a piece or eat the whole thing in one sitting (both being totally acceptable). So, indulge yourself in that cheesy, bacon-y goodness all day long... or in 10 minutes! Whichever your heart desires.

4. Jalapeño Cheesecake Ice Cream

Cheese and jalapeños are a classic pair, and they go even better together in ice cream form. Sounds weird, I know, but the spiciness of the pepper is perfectly offset by the soft cheese and smooth cream in every bite of this cheesecake ice cream. 

5. Ham & Cheese Crepe

gif
Caroline Knight

This adaptation of the French classic is so perfect. The cheese melts inside of the crepe, while the ham adds a salty flavor to the flat, airy pancake.

6. Spicy Pepper Flake Popcorn

salt, sweet, butter, kettle corn, cereal, caramel, corn, popcorn
Chelsea Hawk

The old-time movie classic just got revamped! This popcorn recipe will leave you wanting to eat the whole bag, and the kick of heat will add some spice into your movie night.

7. Avocado Ice Cream

sorbet, sweet, milk, dairy product, ice, cream
Hannah Linn

The combination of these two creamy ingredients allows for the ice cream to become a melt-in-your-mouth classic, with a beautiful, light green color. 

8. Sweet Potato Cheesecake

Kind of like the dish you have at Thanksgiving, but better. The cream cheese in the cheesecake brings the whole dessert to another level of savory.

9. Basil Ice Cream 

sweet, coffee, ice, dairy product, cream, milk
Yonatan Soler

Pair this ice cream with some tomato and mozzarella and you'll soon be in (Italian) heaven.

10. Smoked Salmon Macarons

Macarons are a perfect dessert on the lighter side, and this funky spin on them will make you love macarons even more. The bright salmon color and taste come through beautifully in this dessert. 

These desserts are all fantastic, so I'd recommend any (or all) of them. Next time you're thinking about changing up your daily sweet routine, think savory. Whether it's avocado, cheese, sweet potato, ham, or jalapeño, you'll be glad you took a step towards the more wild side of desserts.