I've worked multiple jobs in the customer service industry, and man, have I learned a lot. For over three years, I worked at a local restaurant, specializing in stone oven pizzas, and one of the greatest skills I developed there was patience. After a while, you just grow accustomed to the ridiculous questions and endless complaints. For any pizza place employee, past and present, here are 10 things you'll find all too relatable.  

1. When a customer asks you to list every pizza topping available

How about you tell me what you want on your pizza, and I'll let you know if that's possible?

2. When you’re questioned as to why we don’t serve gluten-free pizza

Listen, I just work here, I don't make the menu. There is gluten in pizza, and I really don't know why we don't specialize in gluten-free pizza. I can offer you a salad, though.

3. When that one parent asks if you do anything special for birthdays

Yeah, we're not Applebees. No singing here. 

4. When a customer complains about how high the prices are

Once again, I just work here. I promise I have no control as to how much that large costs you. Try the other pizza place down the road if you're looking for something cheaper.

5. When you're bringing out hot plates and you ask who ordered what, and they stare at you like you’re speaking another language

This food is really, really hot, so I would appreciate it if you didn't make this a guessing game for me. 

6. When someone calls in an order 10 minutes before you close

Really? The floors are mopped, the food has been put away, and I pretty much already have my coat on. All I can say is that you'd better be here before the doors lock.

7. When customers pull the “I forgot my coupon at home” card

And whose fault is that? Am I supposed to feel sorry for you? No coupon, no discount. That's the rule.

8. When someone finds change in their pocket after you’ve already punched in the amount

Stop messing up my drawer balance, I beg of you.

9. When that one person ordered a pizza to-go, but didn’t call ahead and complains about how long it takes

We're a pizza place, not McDonald's. I hate to break it to you, but your food can take up to 20 minutes, especially when it's being cooked in a stone oven. 

10. When you get to work with your favorite crew

Ah, people who understand your pain. Making your shift more bearable, this group is always there to listen to you vent about all those ridiculous customer requests. Oh, and have the occasional dance party, too.

Working in at a pizza place has it's struggles, but at the end of the day, you're better for it. At least that's what you tell yourself when you're counting your tips.